Remind me never to ship via UPS ever again....

bobc

10 kW
I bought 2 outrunners from hobbyking. 63mm x 54mm for £25 each - bargain. I clicked the standard default delivery, which was UPS & last Wednesday they should have arrived.
problem 1) Obviously I was out at work & UPS left a note saying I owed them £25. problem 2)
I'm immediately pissed off by this. It always feels as though I've been conned when I buy something then, on delivery, get told it costs £25 more than I thought. No other couriers do this.
Problem 3) Because I have to give them money they can't leave it at a neighbour or "drop off centre", it goes back to the depot.
Problem 4) the tracking info doesn't say where the depot is, or give any means of contact.
Next day they failed to deliver again and left another note. Now I took the trouble to "register" with ups online (just in case you get more information that way) (you don't, but the 1/2 hour of your life isn't wasted - you can now complain.... in some sort of email form)
In spite of my suggestion that it would be pointless to fail to deliver again the next day, they did just that.
But now, at last, after 3 strikes - they tell me where they're holding it.
So today I drive miles out of my way to pick the things up to be presented with problem 5) it's locked in a trailer on a time lock until Monday because I "hadn't arranged to pick it up". Yes I bloody did....

if anyone's interested here's the email thread

Response By Email (mrs ups) (10/06/2016 02.59 AM) U.S. Eastern Standard Time (US EST)

Dear Bob,
Thank you for your e-mail.
I have checked our tracking system, and our records indicate that your package is not eligible for Not at Home UPS Access Point Delivery an active UPS Access Point cannot be found near your address.
Therefore, the third and final delivery attempt will be made today, 10/06/16 typically between the hours of 12:46 PM and 03:16 PM.
We can hold your package for five business days at your local UPS Customer Centre for you to collect on the following business day. It is located at the following address:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
ECCLES
MANCHESTER
xxxxxxx

You may reply to this e-mail if the above delivery option will work for you. For urgent assistance, please contact our Customer Service at 03457-877-877.
If we may assist you in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

mrs ups person
UPS UK Email Customer Service

Visit us at www.UPS.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately.
Add additional information: UPS Ltd. Registered Office: UPS House, Forest Road, Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7DY. Registered in England 1933173

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (09/06/2016 02.21 PM) U.S. Eastern Standard Time (US EST)

Dear UPS Customer,

Thank you for your recent e-mail inquiry. Our Customer Support team are working to address your request and will respond within one business day.

Sincerely,

UPS Customer Support Team

Customer By CSS Email (UPS E-mail Communications) (09/06/2016 02.21 PM) U.S. Eastern Standard Time (US EST)

Your Name: bob carter
Your E-mail Address: xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx
Support Category: Receiving a Package
Support Topic: Delivery Change
Are you the ...: Residence
Your Telephone: xxxxxxx
Tracking Number OR InfoNotice Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Ship To Address
Post Town:
Other Address Information:
Postcode: xxxxxxxxxx
New Delivery Address
Post Town:
Other Address Information:
Postcode: xxxxxxx
What is your question or comment? You will pointlessly try to deliver to an empty house again tomorrow. Why can I not redirect this parcel to a pick-up address or find out where it's being held? I would have collected it last night if it had been possible & saved you 2 fruitless journeys.

Question Reference # xxxxxxxxx

© 2014 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.
All trademarks, trade names, or service marks that appear in connection with UPS's services are the property of their repective owners.

Bob Carter <xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx>

PM (21 hours ago)

to xxxupsxxxx

Thankyou.

This leads to the following questions....
1) the centre at <ups address> - what are the opening hours?
2) what do I need to take? £25.07 (obviously) - ID? what form? UPS infonotice(s)
Regards
Bob Carter <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx>

5:51 PM (1 minute ago)

to xxxupsxxxx
I made my way to the "customer care centre" this morning, to be told that the package was "irrevocably locked in a trailer" until Monday.
Are you doing this on purpose?

OK rant over - with luck they said they would deliver Monday evening. I guess there must be enough people in the world to make a business out of being used just once, ever, by any one of them... What a shower!

Oooo no - did I really think it would be so easy....
I was told the package would be delivered today after 6pm. So I've been hanging around, never far from the front door. 9pm, no sign of ups, parcel, "infonotice" or anything, I've just looked back at the tracking website. It appears when they said they would deliver it to my home this evening what they meant was - I could drive 40 miles to get it my bl00dy self.

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh

tomorrow I'll go back there with every form of identification known to man - I'm sure they'll have some other trick ready though. - no change, that'll be it (I owe 'em £25.07 apparently.....)

Sorry about your rotten experience with UPS..

I had a similar experience with UPS. After trying to arrage a delivery time I could make/wave my rights and leave them a signed note, I found out they needed to receive their extortionate brokerage fees at the door cash only. The package was taken to a depot nearly 2 hours drive from me.

FedEx packages go to an outlet 5 minutes from me and their reasonable fees are sent by mail to pay at my convenience. If a business insists on UPS, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Back