• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Replacement casing and/or bolts for BMC V4

madnomad

1 W
Happy New Year everyone!

I had a bit of a mishap a couple of days ago. I was riding in very heavy rain and my motor packed up. Theres water inside the motor and I've been trying to open it up to let it dry out, but one bolt is completely stuck in there. I'm going to have to drill it out. Anyway, I'll get to the point...

I've already lost a few of the bolts that hold the cover plate on, and this is probably how water got in. The threading in a few of the holes has been stripped, so there isn't really much I can do, apart from replace the casing for the hub and be very careful not to over tighten the bolts next time. Does anyone know if its possible to buy replacement casing? I'd also like to buy better bolts because the ones they use are useless. Does anyone know where I can buy stronger versions?

izeman said:
I don't know what case you need, but at least for the MACs you can just move the cover 10-15 degrees and drill and tap 6 new holes/threads. Then use some sealant to seal the cover.

Thats a pretty good idea! I didn't think if that. I'll do that, nice one! :)

Back