Replacement controller for E-Cells Super Monarch AWD 1000W

deprvationt

1 µW
Hi,
E-Cells sold me a Super Monarch AWD 1000W they'd equipped with the wrong controller (a 600W one unit, typically used on a different model they sell I believe) instead of the advertised and needed 1000W controller.

The company, which is essentially David Cleveland directly, been jerking me around for 2 years now, not honoring their warranty (the underpowered controller failed, and was reported, solidly within the warranty period) and making promises that never materialize to send me a new controller.

I'm weighing the hassle of taking them to small claims court for selling me a bike that, due a lack of QA before shipping, became a doorstop within months.

In the meantime, though, I'd like to return the bike to functionality by just buying a compatible 1000W controller myself. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you

To know what would be compatible, more details about the system you have and your specific requirements for it (including usage, terrain, etc) would be helpful.

Are all the other components in the system correct and capable of handling the load your usage will put on them? If not, you may need to change those incapable components as well, for a reliable bike.

If they are, then generically the KT controller/display combos are good, come in various sizes for different power levels, and adaptable to many ebikes, with some degree of user-customizability for behavior and compatibility.

If you already have a display or other controller-connected hardware that's specific to that controller, we'd need to know what controller you already have to help you find one that might be compatible with them. (generally controllers/displays are only intercompatible within specific brands/models/firmware versions; the only easy way to be reasonably sure any pair will work together is to buy them together as a set; sometimes other hardware such as throttle/brake/pas/etc sensors may also be specific to a controller-system, but generally those are generic enough to work with many systems).

Note that connectors/wiring are often different between systems, so you may end up splicing wiring / connectors from the old controller system to the new one to get it to plug into and operate the bike correctly. Even if the connectors are the same, wiring colors / order aren't held to a standard so this may require some testing and troubleshooting that might require opening up the old controller to trace where it's wires went inside for functionality.

Back