RETAILERS AS MEMBERS?

You see! this is the best example of retailers and members to talk about one's product and and the seller made the changes that were needed. this is the only place that you can iron out any problems with the product and if a seller dosen't make the needed changes soon his product with it's flaws will be known to those that come here for advice and that seller will leave this forum.I wish I had known about some of these products before i first started it would have saved me some money. so i say welcome retailers. I am fairley new here but thats my 5 cents worth. :) :) :)

amberwolf said:
Plus, it annoys me more to have to read all-caps posts than exaggerated marketing claims. ;)

+1...

Retailers active here:

Dirt Dad documenting solution to V3 bmc controller issues
Jason Ebikekit Always improving something plus super clearance prices for us.
Justin Le Too much to mention but notably cycle analyst help
cycle9 future problems in battery shipping
JohnRobHolmes testing products, adapting rc components, & mod
frodus Headway and thunderpower advances and price control

More if people care to add.......

And those who are borderline retailers

Matt (recumpence) Do I even need details here?
Methods More of the same...do I need details?
Sometimes Doc
Stevo and controller modding
Oatnet and all the cool frames you guys got plus bmc testing.
Fetcher throttle interface
Gary bms...lipo accessories
VRdublove KMX at better prices
Ilia Brouke BMC prices that can't be beat
Knuckles in the past contributed enormously to infineon controller advancement

Where would this place be without some of these guys.

I'm another "retailer" who is learning and growing from the experienced members at ES. Although I don't post here often (too busy running a business!), I visit almost every day to stay up-to-date with the industry and to learn as much as possible. When I do post (and I'm not asking a question ;)), I try to provide upfront and honest advice to assist other members. No sales pitches here! For one thing, I know better! Plus, I'd hate to loose the support of ES members who have been so helpful to the success of my business.

Having so many different perspectives is positive for everyone! Manufacturers can provide direct access to support and detailed product info. Dealers can pass along inside information, special pricing and technical support. And e-bike builders and riders can provide feedback about the products to make improvements and assist potential customers. WIN WIN WIN -- for everyone!

99% the bogus claims I see from retailers happens on thier own websites. They bring BS here we jump on em like republicans on a tax hike. Those with the balls to interact here seem to be pretty straight shooters and have websites without bogus claims such as for range. Zoot gave the list of only some of the vendors we sent home crying when they tried to post bs here. A lot of that stuff ended up getting personal, and mods then sent it to the basement or even deleted stuff that should not be seen, so unless you were here then, you don't know it happened.

The vendors who have contributed here have made very signifigant improvements to thier products, and greatly helped us understand what we were buying.

I have to admit I never expected this much rooting for retailers but some of the glowing reports come off as "They better deliver or I'm gonna get pissed off AGAIN".
Anyways without identifying retailers unscrupulous types can influence the discussions.

I dont know but I feel good solid reviews by members makes for better sales promotion.

Crash Machine said:
Ya, that's what we need more censorship :roll: . It would be a shame to disallow anyone. I'm sure that Plato would be spinning in his grave. A forum means a place for open discussion for all. This is a forum not a private club. That's just my two cents worth. But in my opinion the suggestion that anyone is excluded is ridiculous. Who would be excluded next...

Members that SHOUT at us.

dogman said:
99% the bogus claims I see from retailers happens on thier own websites. They bring BS here we jump on em like republicans on a tax hike. Those with the balls to interact here seem to be pretty straight shooters and have websites without bogus claims such as for range. Zoot gave the list of only some of the vendors we sent home crying when they tried to post bs here. A lot of that stuff ended up getting personal, and mods then sent it to the basement or even deleted stuff that should not be seen, so unless you were here then, you don't know it happened.

The vendors who have contributed here have made very signifigant improvements to thier products, and greatly helped us understand what we were buying.

agreed.

Crash Machine wrote: "that's what we need , more censorship"

Censorship means denying someone a say to the entire media. Since this is only one tiny website this is not censorship because the person or organization can say whatever they like elsewhere (like on their website).

Actually I never considered that this was a private club :oops: . I stand corrected. I still consider the exclusion of anyone would be detrimental. Of course what do I know up until I started ebiking I couldn't even turn a computer on. I guess I still believe in the freedom of speech but I'm a little old fashioned. The whole guilty until proven innocent thing doesn't sit well with me. Now identifying retailers isn't as bad an idea. I was only addressing the exclusion issue. Excluding someone because of their affiliation sure sounds like censorship to me. On a large or small scale. My own opinion...

I don't see this as a problem, Speedfreeke.

You can enjoy the protection you wish by tracking down the dealers and making them "enemies". Everyone can enjoy the website they want.

Good hunting!

Bob

Censorship is the wrong word IMO. Light handed guidence never hurt any community. Its like a growing an indoor plant and you want it to lean over in a certain way, if you force it, it breaks and kills the plant. Its best to guide things slowly.

Groups need a similar goal and individuals have much capacity to learn new things and values they never knew before, this can lead to positive guidence. Censorship can stop people learning the consequences of bad things that can amout to a type of behaviour. You must nick your finger before you learn the true meaning why you should be carefull with a sharp knife.

Those of us that have been here longer, do really appreciate that is is a "private" club. And also appreciate the hard work the moderators do to keep it a forum where communication happens, instead of a forum for people to trash each other for personal reasons. Legitimate gripes do stay on the boad, but personal attacks dissapear. It's not a perfect system, but if you behave, your posts don't get deleted.

Zoot Katz said:
It was raining but we were only about 8 blocks from the shop. Mark carried my batteries, Adam doubled me on his Xtracycle, Justin and Zev took turns ghost riding my bike back to the shop where there was cold beer and four people to help change the rear wheel on a Xtracycle.
Zev gave me a good take-off tire from a demonstration bike. I offered to pay for it but was declined by Justin....

No kidding Zoot.... Since I started Justin has been there for me 110%
I choose carefully the men and women whom I respect and aspire to be like.
Justin is one of the very few.

-methods

retailers as members?
sounds like ur not cogniscent of reality.
what do u say about retailers as mods.

the 4sale section is already turning into a pissing contest between the full-time retailers.
everyone wants to be the top dog (natch) by endlesslee bumping their thread.
tolerable atm but admin needs to start thinking about what to do about it b4 the #'s increase when EMF & speedfreke gets proven right.

A good product sells itself.

I agree a good product sells itself :D :D :D :D

I too am sick of it. I normally browse a couple times a week but lately it just turns me off.

I also would like to suggest checking IP addresses as I would imagine some retailers are logging in under multiple user names.

Some of the best information and advice come from the retailers that frequent here, all is well.

While I doubt that the trusted retailers on my good guys list do that( multiple identities) I can see why they may want to enter discussions on some topics without having an opinon reflect on thier buisness. This would apply particularly for the general discussion threads that might be political. So having a web identity of X bike company for technical discussions and another for ranting about politics would make sense.

There are a bunch of shill posts, often ranting about some shitty product, but who takes a poster with less than 10 comments seriously? Especially a guy who starts a thread, pukes out some swill and dissapears from the discussion.

Even the most uninformed noob catches on pretty quick to who to listen to here. When certain retailers start a thread, or make a comment here, I really perk up, read it several times, and learn a LOT. 8)

rguy56 -In response to your comments about "making retaillers my enemy and getting the web site I want":
yes I can make the retaillers my enemy but no-I can't have the website I want. As many of you pointed out, retaillers exert a lot of influence and therefore help set the 'tone' of ES. However, I accept this site 'as is' (and there probably is nothing out there better) but it would be 'upfront' to indicate that any particular poster is a retailler.

I probably don't know enough about the dynamics here to open my trap but I fail to see any clear advantage limiting contact with like-minded businesses and vendors. It's sorta like an open-source world here - the science is sound or it isn't. The collective collaboration is what drives the science and development of our passion.

What's the problem if a retailer posts a bunch of nonsense? Their ignorance will be exposed and false claims flushed out with the truth. In fact, if you limit contact with these people it may actually do more harm when they don't have too be concerned about ever being exposed.

Back