Rolling Resistance Calculator

I type a number into the load input box and it says "nonzero input only allowed for one load input box" :?

miuan said:
needs moar fields: knobby/slick, tyre width and wheel size.
...all of which are virtually inconsequential in regard to rolling resistance. Inflation pressure is, by far, the most important factor.

Apparently you had an entry in another load input field at the same time.

Are you being sarcastic? I checked that there was nothing in any of the boxes and if I try to type anything into any of the boxes it gives this error and deletes it...

fizzit said:

Are you being sarcastic? I checked that there was nothing in any of the boxes and if I try to type anything into any of the boxes it gives this error and deletes it...

I apologize if my reply sounded sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be that. The error trapping was meant to prevent more than one field to be populated in each of the three records. Has anyone else had the same problem as Fizzit?

it works for me..

great tool to start with! thanks for posting :)

yes the type and size of tyre and wheel would be a nice addition

fizzit said:

Which spreadsheet and version are you using? Perhaps that has something to do with the problem that you're having.

fizzit said:
No worries, I guess it just doesn't work in open office. Thanks for making this!

Won't different compounds have a strong effect on the rolling resistance?

Anyway you could post the equation you used to calculate this? I have a larger spreadsheet I use and I would love to plug this data into it and more accurately predict RR loss

Nuts&Volts said:
Anyway you could post the equation you used to calculate this? I have a larger spreadsheet I use and I would love to plug this data into it and more accurately predict RR loss

Here's his equation that I pulled from the file:

=IF(C8+E8=0,"",IF(C9+E9+G9=0,"",IF(C10+E10=0,"",IF(J8<=165,(2.36*10^-6*J8+4.88*10^-6/J10*J8+4.41*10^-10/J10*J8^3)*J9*1000,(4.88*10^-6/J10*J8+8.09*10^-10/J10*J8^3)*J9*1000))))

C8 = km/h
E8 = mi/h
C9 = load in N
E9 = load in lbs
G9 = load in kg
C10 = bar
E10 = psi

It also uses J8 J9 and J10 which seem to be conversions to normalize the equation. Leave it to OP if he wants you to know more, I feel like I'm starting to step on toes possibly

Back