Sabvoton 72150 short?

Wizzo

10 W
Hi i hope someone can help, I was testing the 12v to alarm system via the connector an was going to spline into that for my GPS i just bought, as doing so i may shorted the alarm 12v, but for them low gauge wire, cant understand why the spark was way bigger than the current, Ive tried unwiring battery and rewring controller, voltages are ok from battery reading 77.2v ? Apreciate any help

Last edited:
Hi i hope someone can help, I was testing the 12v to alarm system via the connector an was going to spline into that for my GPS i just bought, as doing so i may shorted the alarm 12v, but for them low gauge wire, cant understand why the spark was way bigger than the current, Ive tried unwiring battery and rewring controller, voltages are ok from battery reading 77.2v ? Apreciate any help

At least my multimeter doesn't measure voltage when the red wire is on that left side (which is supposed to measure over 200mA current only) . It may be even shorting the probes no matter what mode it is in.

I don't exactly know your multimeter, but my cheap one does a current measurement when it is pluged in like yours, and because it is unfused, it draws current until the shunt inside the multimeter desolders. So it could draw 100A and more.

I don't exactly know your multimeter, but my cheap one does a current measurement when it is pluged in like yours, and because it is unfused, it draws current until the shunt inside the multimeter desolders. So it could draw 100A and more.
I have disconnected, started from scratch, battery is reading voltage so power going into controller but nothing

I'm having trouble understanding the problem you're trying to solve. Can you clarify? Looks like you want to know why the spark was big, but what does "bigger than the current mean"?

I have power from battery but no light even on controller now. The spark was to big for such little gauge wire for the 12v alarm power

The wire probably doesn't determine how big spark would be if it's not hair thin. If you wired a thin wire to battery, it's still 77.2v and may carry full current.

The bike was bought already made the 12v are as thin as a hair and has been operational till I wanted too test the volts to splice into them for my gps, that was the whole plan

Last edited:
Ok it's hard to understand exactly how this spark happened. Did it happen when measuring voltage with the multimeter? If the red cable was on the current measurement side (it is. on the photo) , that can be the cause, it just shorted instead of measuring voltage.

The bike was bought already made the 12v are as thin as a hair and has been operational till I wanted too test the volts to spline into them for my gps, that was the whole plan

Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows what you’re asking or saying. I’m guessing English is not your first language and you used a translator.

Ok it's hard to understand exactly how this spark happened. Did it happen when measuring voltage with the multimeter? If the red cable was on the current measurement side (it is. on the photo) , that can be the cause, it just shorted instead of measuring voltage.
Thats exactly what im thinking happened must of happened when trying to measure the voltage. But the amount protection cut off voltages etc for scenarios like this from reading the sabvoton 72150 specs sheet

Honestly, I don’t think anyone knows what you’re asking or saying. I’m guessing English is not your first language and you used a translator.
The person above you seems to of understood everything, as assume he has been following my every post properly to understand!!!

spline = splice The post becomes much clearer.
later floyd

I guess you're right. 1 of 60 thousand is way more that nobody. Just need to work on your list of followers.
I don't see what you mean by 1 of 60 thousand, if your being arrogant and smart, Then be smart to help me!! An the followers thing. Wtf is that supposed to mean?

Since it’s not working I’d suggest trying to take it apart to look for a blown trace or component. I don’t know if that model is potted inside.
Will do best bet, as don't understand how it has so many saftey features from blowing it up, but seems that's only thing that has happened, will let you know what I find. Thanks
What do you mean by potted inside?

Back