1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 21
Unbelievable bike for price
That's the idea. To resemble a decent bike just enough to convince you to turn loose of your money for it, but not to work like a decent bike.

Bikes like that, which come in only one size, are telling you (quietly, but clearly) that it doesn't matter whether the thing fits you, because riding isn't what it's for. It's only for selling.

Kind of bizarre they call it a hard tail mountain bike in ads, but there are no suspension forks, so it's both hard tail and hard front. 😁 Can you still call it a mountain bike without suspension?

I suppose the fat tires are the current cheapest way to provide any suspension like properties, so the rest goes out the window for department store level bikes that have to sell super cheap.

Does eliminate the concerns with a front hub motor locking the suspension at least, since there isn't any...

Can you still call it a mountain bike without suspension?
All the MTBs I have run across or owned from the 80s/90s were no-suspension.

I don't know if they have redefined the term these days; I don't have modern stuff (most of mine comes from thrift stores).

That's the idea. To resemble a decent bike just enough to convince you to turn loose of your money for it, but not to work like a decent bike.

Bikes like that, which come in only one size, are telling you (quietly, but clearly) that it doesn't matter whether the thing fits you, because
I upgraded everything on it , fits perfects , rides perfect , always a hater cause it’s not expensive enough …

I upgraded everything on it , fits perfects , rides perfect , always a hater cause it’s not expensive enough …
Did you upgrade the frame to something that fits you personally?

Yes, the bike is cheap. I love cheap stuff, but only if it works. Department store bikes are so cheap and sales-focused that they don't actually work worth a damn (even if you are the average adolescent size that the bikes are designed for). Trust me on this; I've probably worked on more of them in the last 30-something years than you have seen with your own eyes.

Did you upgrade the frame to something that fits you personally?

Yes, the bike is cheap. I love cheap stuff, but only if it works. Department store bikes are so cheap and sales-focused that they don't actually work worth a damn (even if you are the average adolescent size that the bikes are designed for). Trust me on this; I've probably worked on more of them in the last 30-something years than you have seen with your own eyes.
Understandable.. come to think about it, the frame is somewhat small, think I will raise the handlebars which I would like anyway

Back