Servo tester throttle issue

I just received a Turnigy servo tester I planned on using as a throttle for a E-Trike build.It does work but the motor does not start to spin until the knob is turned half way.Any idea's?Also,does that mean I am only getting 50% throttle or am I getting 0-100% throttle in half a turn of the servo tester knob.I had planned on doing the scooter throttle mod to this servo tester.Thanks for all the help.

This may or may not be your issue but make sure the potentiometer on your servo tester is turned all the way counter clockwise when you turn everything on. The cheap Mystery esc I use will look at the original throttle position and always start from that point.

Ok,thank you.I figured it out.I had to calibrate the esc to the servo tester.It is working now.Are you using the Mystery esc on a e-bike?How is it?

Also to gain full use of the pot on the servo tester,I turned reverse off on the esc and lied to the esc when I programmed in the neutral position.I was testing this out on a car esc so it had reverse also.

illchilla09 said:
Ok,thank you.I figured it out.I had to calibrate the esc to the servo tester.It is working now.Are you using the Mystery esc on a e-bike?How is it?

Yup, I'm using it on my girlfriends bike (friction drive) with a Turnigy C5065-270 motor and 5s lipo battery. Works great and gives her an 18+ mph top speed. It's only the 60amp version but so far it's holding up great for her. It was cheap enough that I just keep a spare with us while we're riding. I kind of think of it as a fuse now. lol

Back