• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

setting up cycle analyst for a newbie

beoutside

10 W
I just received my CA v3 and have some questions regarding programming. The controller I purchased from Lyen has a plug in for the CA but the throttle and three speed switch would need to have the plugs changed out.
DO you recommend changing those so the throttle and three speed switch run through the CA or just stay through the controller, I have the programming plug for the controller?
Also I am running a 48 V 1000 W hub with 18650 54.8 V 15 ah battery. This is on a cargo bike I use to shuttle our two kids around while I pedal assist.
I could really use some advice on setting up all the parameters to get the smoothest safest ride. Thanks .
I built the frame up with mountain bike gearing.
Thanks Donny

I don't have crank sensors , would that make a difference with pedaling and throttle fading in and out while at a fairly constant throttle position and cadence ? I only have the throttle and three speed switch running from/to the lyen controller. The controller I was running previously didn't seem to fade in and out as much as I was pedaling, which I am sure is related to how this controllers parameters are set up.
I do have the programming cable to set up the controller but just went ahead and purchased a CA and was thinking I would set up the parameters through the CA instead.
The instructions I did look through suggested not setting parameters by speeds . It makes sense to me that I need to have the three speed switch and throttle wired through the CA to set it up at three different settings for each spot on the three speed switch.
thanks . I am using a half twist throttle that I purchased form Edward when I bought the controller.
Thanks Donny

I do want to limit power ,cargo bike loaded with kids and groceries is the situation, three speed switch on handle bars, setting on 1 in town , , setting 2 bike path , setting three I'm late picking up kids :)
thanks
I dont learn well if it isn't visual so need help setting up my CA V3 to get the most from it, battery setting , charge settings, running settings ....
54.8 V 15 Ah battery with BMS
48 Volt 1000W BMC rear hub
lyen controller
Yuba Mundo Cargo build set up to pedal assist.
I want it to run smooth as I pedal unless in mode three where I can't keep up anyway.

Ypedal said:
are you running crank sensors ?

and do you want to limit power ? .. or just monitor it ?

Thats were I'm not sure due to my lack of knowledge.
The old controller I had was set up at 15, 20, and 25 mph with out a cycle anaylst.
I now have a lyen controller and cycle analyst with three speed switch, I'll run the switch and throttle through the CA today, I have nothing else running from it, and start the set up process.
I have this on a yuba mundo cargo bike I run three to 5 miles into town on a bike path.
After reading through the manual they say not to set the limits via speeds so I need to learn how this corresponds to power?
I am running a 15 ah battery 18650 cells so I pretty sure I just plug that info in but wanted to know recommendations for other battery settings to ensure I get the most power out of my battery and also protect it, my charger is set to 54.6 V by the person who built up the battery , calibike.
Thanks Donny

Just so others know my jerky throttle was all to do with my top speed settings on the CA. Once I dialed in what those speeds were for the 1,2, and 3 switch 15,25,and 35 mph and increaded the watts and amps for each setting the throttle quit cutting out and the bike runs great. Sorry for such an obvious tunnel vision problem, I was simply pedaling just beyond the speed/power settings settings so the CA was just responding as per set up!! ..... still haven't figured out power setting and hills
since it has 0 power on pretty much any incline but runs great on the flats .... maybe its a clutch issue or I am missing something else with the CA settings........ back to read the manual again:)

Back