Sevcon gen4

goodlife

1 mW
Hello,
okay...do anyone have any experience with Sevcon handhelp calibrator and what are function ?
any advice or special warning a should be aware before i plug it in the sevcon gen4 controller and mess every thing up !!!
Thank you:? :? :?

I do not have experiences with handheld calibrator (I am using IXXAT card), but the Sevcon products are very durable so I believe that the worse thing is that it just will not work. :)

hints:

1) Double check if you do not have swapped CAN-H and CAN-L (you can not damage anything, it just do not work)
2) Sevcon calibrators and programmers do not have termination 120 Ohm CAN resistor! So if you connect it directly to the Gen4 controller you need to add at least one 120 Ohm resistor in the CAN wiring (the second 120 Ohm resistor is installed in Gen4, but it must be wired too via connecting PIN2 with PIN24). From my experiences the Sevcon Canbus works well even with just one 120Ohm resistor, but for sure it is always good to have both installed.
3) Do not reverse 24V DC supply voltage (I believe that the calibrator is protected against this, but it is always better not to try it. :wink: )
4) For easier wiring you can use both pins 24 and 27 for CAN-L signal and pins 13 and 16 for CAN-H, they are connected together inside the GEN4.

Back