Source for 4KW cont, 30 FET controllers for $72 delivered

boostjuice

10 kW
I think ive found a cheap source for a 30 FET (TO-220) controller as used on the 4KW e-rider scooter. Ridiculously cheap too through Aliexpress...

6f1b33ff-c3d2-4b96-9029-6d711ea7c561.JPG

Voltage: 24~72V
Electric current: 120A
Interphase current: 350A
Power: Continuous rating 4KW maximum power: 6KW;
Phase angle: 60/120 general
Braking power failure: High, low may elect.
EBS: May elect
EBS intensity: 70-85 may elect
Stops the car lock electrical machinery: Default
Cruise: May elect
Third gear speed change: 80%; 100%; 110%; Tacitly approves 100%
Phase from study: Default
Does not have Hall to be possible to move: Default
Braking electricity generation function: Default

The elusive controller manufacturers name is 'Anbo'

US $71.74 delivered to the US... :p
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...e-price-short-delivery-terms-wholesalers.html

Parent company Product webpage:
http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/trans.../www.anboelec.com&lp=zh_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

I'm sure we would all love to know the maximum electrical RPM limit of these so we knew If they were fast enough to run big high RPM outrunners. Although the 24 FET Xiechang/Infineon/Lyen controllers have been proven to be capable of such tasks (PaulD's 24FET & CA80-100 bike for example) What i like about these (apart from the extra FET per hi/lo phase bridge arm) is the smaller enclosure size and better PCB layout compared with the overly inefficient use of space within the 24 FET controllers which leaves masses of hollow space within its overly bulky enclosure.

Pics of the (standard) guts of these below....

As can be seen, there is ample space for snubber caps between/instead-of the standard electrolytics with very low lead/PCB trace inductance

30%20FET%20small%20controller%208.jpg

30%20FET%20small%20controller%209.jpg

30%20FET%20small%20controller%2010.jpg

30%20FET%20small%20controller%2011.jpg

30%20FET%20small%20controller%204.jpg

30%20FET%20small%20controller%205.jpg

Any idea if this thing can be programmed? The layout looks fantastic compared to the smaller Infenions, reasonable layout to jam some snubbers in there. It has a 3 position switch, but it would be nearly useless at the stock 80/100/110 settings.

Even with the TO-220's, it looks capable of about 10-15kW...

So how hard would it be to mod these to have CA-DP connectivity and programming capability?

That's incredible!.. and... still no one ordered one ???? :shock:

This page contain the repellent word: ALIBABA... :?

hmmm.. i place an order or not... hmmm... :|

Doc

Seems like a hell of a good deal to me.

For a TO220 package controller, its not a terrible layout.

I am in chat with Backy liu now and we are discussing about the controlerl programming... he said that they program them in teh factory for us.. so i guess they are programmable :mrgreen:

Backy liu(2011-11-07 22:30:32)
that is to say the program soft is in our machine,we can set the function ,and put it into the controller.

Doc(2011-11-8 1:32:15)
do they have the programing connectors? ( TX, RX, +5V and GND ) ?

Backy liu(2011-11-07 22:31:06)
you must have the machine
Backy liu(2011-11-07 22:31:15)
yes
Backy liu(2011-11-07 22:31:27)
they are.

I think i'll order 3 of them

just for the case and fets alu bar they worth it!

liveforphysics said:
Seems like a hell of a good deal to me.

For a TO220 package controller, its not a terrible layout.

Yes.. The layout of the infineon seem better.. the rails on the infineon are surrounding the fets line and the phase trace are on the center... it's not the same on the ANBO

But.. at 32$ for 120A continuous at 72V... who care!

Doc

If these are great.. they could become the great combo with the 5400 motor !!

a 10kW motor kit for under 550$ shipped .. not bad!!

Doc

Possible translation of features:

Battery current: 120A
Phase current: 350A
Phase angle: 60/120 automatic detection?
Brake input active level: default high (+V) like a hall brake lever, optional low (ground) like a mechanical switch lever
EBS: Optional Regen (programmable, or maybe jumper wire?)
EBS intensity: 70-85% of drive power? Programmable.
Active anti-theft when controller "locked": default on, but can be turned off (probably jumper wire)
Cruise: optional, programmable?
Three speed switch already preprogrammed for 80%; 100%; 110%; default 100% (as typical of existing controllers)
Automatic phase/hall order detection: Default on
Sensorless operation: Default on
Regen Braking: Default on

Sounds good to me. Assuming the opened-up pics are of this same controller, I wish those wires werent' in the way of seeing the MCU p/n. Might be possible to determine in advance if it could be made to work with one of the various programming softwares, without bricking it.

I got the answer!

MCU :XC836

f you want to need the program ,we just input it to the MCU
Backy liu(2011-11-07 23:33:09)
We did not sell the software
Doc(2011-11-8 2:33:38)
what do you mean by "input it to the MCU"?
Backy liu(2011-11-07 23:33:49)
write software into the MCU
Doc(2011-11-8 2:34:23)
ok so you mean you can activate it to be programmed right ?

rite software into the MCU
Doc(2011-11-8 2:34:23)
ok so you mean you can activate it to be programmed right ?
Backy liu(2011-11-07 23:34:51)
yes ,we can
Doc(2011-11-8 2:35:36)
ok so i will be abel to program it right?
Doc(2011-11-8 2:35:42)
able
Backy liu(2011-11-07 23:38:42)
we can set the software according to your real require,is needs some time
Doc(2011-11-8 2:39:34)
I must be sure: do i will be able to program it by myself ? because you will have activated the programing option in the MCU ?
Backy liu(2011-11-07 23:41:12)
some datas can be programed,not everything

they say ( by chat) they dont have any in stock and that they will have them in one month probably

( they just respond from now no goods :roll: )

Doc

too bad shipping to the netherlands is twice the price of a controller.

anyone from the Netherlands want to share Shipping. when we order 2 or more the price will be below 70 dollar

How did you come up with $71? Its showing about $350 for 3 at this point.

Not complaining, 120 bucks is fantastic...:D

Because the pricing on the given link just changed between 11/7/2011 and 11/8/2011! They raised the price of each controller substantially and made you buy 3 at a time, they have appeared to keep the old shipping price for one controller the same as now for 3 controllers.

bigmoose said:
Because the pricing on the given link just changed between 11/7/2011 and 11/8/2011! They raised the price of each controller substantially and made you buy 3 at a time, they have appeared to keep the old shipping price for one controller the same as now for 3 controllers.

Ugh. Still a good deal. I'm guessing that you could work out a deal in volume.... Group buy?

My brother loves to haggle on Alibaba. He has no reason to, but he'll sign in there and start chatting and haggling on stuff he never has any intent to buy :mrgreen:

Ill have to enlist his services.

This thing is just begging for some lagitt fets though. I wonder if they'll sell them to us without FETs populated for cheaper. Then were just a regulator mod and $120 in fets away from a serious controller :mrgreen:

I ordered 3 since the extra shipping for the 2 additional was only $15 or so each. The one above pictured opened up looks like the one I got with my scooter motor with apparently doubled up 10ga for the battery and phase leads. Also, the big chunk of aluminum in the T shape is like the controller I have, and is an improvement over the E crazy 24fet dual smaller rails. Black for the case is also the same as my scooter controller. It is, however, a big brick controller like the 24fets, and at least the one I have has a much thicker and heavier case.

All that said, I did blow the scooter controller I had in pretty short order, and when I did the case was barely warm. I blew it on the way back from the store less than 1.5 miles away, and I was just starting to get some confidence with the controller and riding my SuperV. While yes I was blasting around, I wasn't riding it what I would consider hard at all. Hopefully these newer versions will have better capacitors to squash the voltage spikes coming back at it from the motor side. It may be fine pushing a lesser motor like the new X54xx series, since those are only comparable to the scooter motors I've run for 3 years with the same diameter stator and a 40mm lamination stack. It remains to be seen whether they'll run Hubmonster at high power with its much larger diameter stator with a 50mm lamination stack and its real controller killing aspect, the low turn count windings. I have a 36fet with 4110's, low esr caps and forced air ventilation for it to try to kill first.

Sorry Doc, but you're still gonna be playing catchup. Once you think you have real performance, put 75lbs in a backpack and go for a ride for a comparison. Don't forget that I can always put a featherweight piloting my bikes and embarrass all other hubmotored ebikes. You have to step up to Luke's type of builds for bragging rights now, because I'm through with biting my tongue. FWIW I needed a lower powered motor for a front hubbie, so guess what I chose...your precious X5304, and the darn thing is so slow in a 24" wheel that I'm having to add a 4s voltage booster pack to run the X5. :lol:

John

John,
That is the identical controller that came on my scooter. I have it in my hand and have compared it to the pictures. I was just testing the FET's based on Bigmoose's post when I caught your PM.

Niels,
One set is 3 controllers.

Guys,
I think we should hold off on the ordering. I checked the registration and this is a "One man company." Recently listed, no sales, no feedback. I have contacted them and expressed my annoyance at coming on at $72 EACH, selling none and raising the price by 50%, with MOQ OF 3 for $309. This is the same BS they did with the Hua Tong, with their $29 "introductory price" which at least, lasted 5 days and then with every few sales, they raised the price. When we waited, a second supplier came along and lowered the price back to $33.
If we don't get excited and all order at once, the price will probably come back down.

grindz145 said:

where did you find it is 350 for 3 controllers?

the way i see it, it's 350 for 1 controller now

nieles said:
grindz145 said:

where did you find it is 350 for 3 controllers?

the way i see it, it's 350 for 1 controller now

Yep, I have to admit it could be read to mean $350 for one "set"... time to get clarification. That would be like a factor of 10 price rise per controller in a day... :evil:

The history does say one order of 3 "sets" and John said he ordered 3. So John are you coughing up a kilobuck for 3 controllers or are you getting 9 controllers?

Nieles, I'm from the Netherlands too, and I also would like to try this controller.
Since we need 3 pcs, we need third person from the Netherlands, so we share this order.

The controller can also run sensorless right ?

cleanup

Back