Source hub motor magnets

sireatsalot

100 µW
Hi ES members

i have a stromer st2 Motor where i damaged the magnets during reglueing. In the last two days i searched the Internet for replacement magnets without success. The original magnets are 3mm thick 30mm lon and 15,8x mm wide. AND they are curved with an inner radius of the backiron of 185mm . I dont know which strength and temperature rating is used by stromer. The stator looks a lot like the ASI Hub motor which is maybe manufactured by TDCM. Has anyone experience on this topic? It may be the ist is not neccesary to have the magnets curved. I could also use two magnets with half the width whichwould make this even less of an issue.
Plettenberg did this on their Predator which i rode a while. can post pics if sb wants to see.

Sincerly
Philipp

If your motor's label has TDCM on it, then it is possibly one of the ones manufactured by them (but still with the UltraMotor imprint) after they took over Ultramotor's manufacturing when UM went out of business. I don't think TDCM sells parts for them to individuals, but you can ask them anyway.

I havent' done any detailed searching, but I don't know of any source for hte magnets other than another similar motor. The simplest way to get one is to replace the entire magnet backiron and magnets (or case side with that in it) from a used motor taken off another bike.

The A2B bikes also used Ultramotors, and appear to use the same number of poles and magnets as the Stromer's I've seen opened up (including the one I have), and the motors from all these bikes tend to show up for sale cheap because the owners didnt' want to deal with the internal controller puck / rewiring / etc when one fails, if you keep an eye out on places like craigslist, reuseit, gumtree, etc etc., as well as forums like this one. Places that service Stromer or A2B bikes may also have old dead motors available if you know the right person there.

Back