Speedict neptune lite

Will model3 balance cells only when they're hitting max voltage, or balance all time? Can i set max voltage per cell? What will it cost approximately?

good question !

Nordle said:
Will model3 balance cells only when they're hitting max voltage

no, model3 constantly balance and compare cell delta voltage, dynamically adjust its cell release voltage, also provides 3 kind of terminations - TIMER, CELL DELTA, CV CHARGE CURRENT.

Nordle said:
balance all time?

its depended on customer set CELL DELTA value, when BALANCE CHARGE method is selected WITHOUT charger plug-in, model 3 start CELL BALANCE immediately without charging and terminate when CELL DELTA value reached. model 3 allows customers use QUICK CHARGE, BALANCE CHARGE(with larger cell delta value) with supervisor and BALANCE only during over-night for safety consideration.

QUCK CHARGE terminate when anyone cell reached cell top voltage e.g. 4.25v

Nordle said:
Can i set max voltage per cell?

yes, model 3 allows 0.5 margin add on top of the preset cell voltage e.g. 4.25v for lipo

Nordle said:
What will it cost approximately?

we are collecting market information, do you have any ideas ? we are open to discuss it.

we are not expert in battery, we need customers and battery builders's feedback to improve our charging workflow and algorithm, via the firmware upgrade we can keep improve the charge efficiency :)

little background : most of the market BMS start cell discharge when cell voltage hit the fix OC voltage e.g. 4.2v then disconnect charge circuit, wait until cell reached the fix release voltage e.g. 4.1v then re-connect charge circuit to allow charge current in, the process repeat until end of CV stage (indicated by CV tiny current), sometime when CV charge current > charge preset terminate current value AND = cell discharge current, you never know when the pack is fully charge by the indicator of charger LED.

There are some of us convinced (or certain) that HVC should be under 4.2V, considering chemistry and behavior of each battery type (mostly cycle life related). It can be somewhere between 4.00 to 4.15V. Sorry, I am still v4 and v5 client, but I believe, it applies for all Li bat. users. Waiting for 24s, you are a man!

Any news about model 3 Neptune release date and estimated price? I might be interested in testing it on my build :)

Very interested in model 3. What sort of time frame do you have for release?
Edit: Embarrassed, I missed looking at the second page.

I am just about to build a 14S5P battery and would wait for the model 3 Neptune for my BMS, but what is the continuous and max current capability?

Is there also any comparison charts between the different products you make? It's difficult to see exactly what is different.

davideserin said:
I am just about to build a 14S5P battery and would wait for the model 3 Neptune for my BMS, but what is the continuous and max current capability?

Is there also any comparison charts between the different products you make? It's difficult to see exactly what is different.

sorry about the late reply to this thread as we are very busy on current project !

regarding the max. discharge current we would like to control within 30A, since the current path temperature is monitored therefore if customers feel comfortable with the device temperature (either caused by rated 30A or peak 30A) we can release the discharge current control later on.

please stay turned for the product comparison detail later on ...

speedict said:
Manually discharge cell # 10 to 3.76V caused cell delta to 44mV, and see if new algorithm can balance charge it back to normal ...

When will 20S + be available? I need one! :lol:
Is the iOs app still supported? I can't find it in the appstore.

speedict said:
Manually discharge cell # 10 to 3.76V caused cell delta to 44mV, and see if new algorithm can balance charge it back to normal ...

Learn anything interesting?

I am very interested in the balancing style taken by your BMSs, what sort of approach will be taken?

I don't know names for the types of balancing, but I can think of several ways to do it but I am sure listing them in my less than knowledgable way would be a waste of time, perhaps you can just lay it out for me.

Thanks

speedict said:

Is the balance charge discharging all the other cells to equilise to normal, or does it charge specifically the cell 10 (which would be better)

cwah said:
speedict said:

Is the balance charge discharging all the other cells to equilise to normal, or does it charge specifically the cell 10 (which would be better)

it is balance while charging or standalone balance, under certain circumstance individual cell charge is efficient than balance charging, when more cell in series energy transfer between adjacent cell is very hard to control (balance) without discharge mechanism, also standalone overnight cell balance is one of the recommend features.

consider charge current, individual cell charge handle charge-current via balance connector's wire vs. pack charge via #14 wire and charge current or power provided by market ready cc cv charger.

thank you cwah for the opportunity to discuss the charge method :)

Looks great!
Looking for "model 4 / 5 / 6"... as currently drive a 24 cells / 72V.... if you need a beta tester, just drop me a line 8)

<< No Fault Expedite Replacement Services >>

Over the years we have experience a number of users request for repairs services, of which, vast majority of them are not warranty related. They wish to substantially reduce the turnaround time to minimize the interruption of their daily trips. in addition, we have users whose screw up the product themselves do wish we have a more generous or substantially discounted product replacement policy.

In answer to these requests, we will introduce a “no fault expedite replacement services” to registered users, upon request, and we identified the product is qualify for an RMA, Speediest will immediate ship a new replacement product for a fixed price of (15 euros), shipping and handling included.

boscovich said:
Any updates on the various models?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes

Any updates!?

I am interested in the Models 5 and 6.... as I run 72V nominal. But if you have to limit the discharge to 30A then I dont want that. I run 65A on my Lyen 18FET controller with A123 model M1A size 26650 battery cans. Those are very high discharge. Maybe you can have a disable feature on the discharge. But I would want a balance charge feature for sure.

Model 1 : only cell monitoring, fixed 10 - 15 cells, no cell balancing, no charge discharge control
Model 2 : cell monitoring fixed 10 - 15 cells with cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 3 : bms features, fixed 10 - 15 cells, with cell balancing, with charge discharge controls
model 4 : only cell monitoring, fixed 12 - 32 cells, no cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 5 : only cell monitoring fixed 12 - 32 cells with cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 6 : bms features, fixed 12 - 32 cells with cell balancing, with charge discharge controls

Hello,

Exactly the same for me. I need a Model 5 or Model 6 to balance a 72V 20s battery.

When should you release it ?

I am looking at model 4. Bluetooth is nice but I would prefer the option to plug in a very loud external alarm as a warning that something has gone astray in the battery. Any plans on offering that option? Also are the parameters of the Speedict adjustable? I would also prefer if they were. Cool product by the way, just found out about it.

Thanks
Ray

Speedict has just updated their website with latest BMS product - NEPTUNE 15

we have added one customisable cell high and low option for balance charge protection in response to customer's suggestion that according to the battery research article in order to prolong lithium battery life it should not let battery pack fully charged :)

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

see attached screen captures :

1. user can select Battery Type "Custom" and select 4.10V as highest cell voltage.
2. battery pack cell delta 160mV with highest cell 4.08V before balance charging.
3. end result its cell highest cell voltage is 4.10V with cell delta 30mV.

Attachments

• device option custom.png
    device option custom.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 3,616
  • before charge delta 16.png
    before charge delta 16.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 3,616
  • charge to 410 result.png
    charge to 410 result.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 3,616
Back