Split pack

MarkLeeds

1 W
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of building an ebike based on a specialized Enduro 2014 and a Cyclone 3000w mid drive kit, I will post a build thread when I'm done. I am at the battery stage and wondered if anyone had any good ideas re the battery build. The bike is full suspension which means there is no space for a triangle pack and I'd prefer to mount the battery on the frame. I plan a 20s4p pack based on Samsung 30Q INR18650-30Q 3000mah 15a batteries. I would like to mount them along the top tube (40 batteries on each side) and have a couple of questions.

Should I....

Build 1 battery 20s4p pack with one BMS? This would be slightly cheaper but would necessitate a more complicated wiring loom as I'd need to connect the 2 sides of the pack across the top tube.

Build 2 battery 20s2p packs with two BMS's and wire them in parallel? This would be slightly more expensive but would simpler to wire. If I go with this option do the individual BMS's to need to be rated for 20s2p or 20s4p?

I plan to use the bike off road and would like to reinforce the battery pack and was thinking of using abs plastic. I'm not sure if this is the best material as it softens with heat - anyone have any better ideas?

Many thanks and regards

Mark

Am using a cyclone because it is powerful and a mid drive. I do a bike of amateur off road racing on a ktm ice dirtbike and want to use the ebike for training.

I want to use a bms for safety reasons. I've found some waterproof automotive connectors which look quite good so I think I'm going to go with the one bms option

Back