Stability issues

Jon NCal said:
I'm wondering if you tried sliding the saddle back? Even 1 inch makes a big difference in handling.

Today, I adjusted the saddle to a more horizontal angle and moved the saddle an inch to the back. It is much more comfortable this way. Thanks.

It is difficult for me to see which alteration added the most to the stability of the bike, but I am quite happy with the overall result at the moment. I moved the saddle, but I also fixed the battery a bit more firmly to the handlebars.

We had stormy weather today, but the bike felt much more stable and safe, also when riding at higher speed. Nice!

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

Kind regards, Paul.

Since your bike is set up to be pretty much a conventional ride, you might want to do some looking around for articles and perhaps even YouTube videos on proper bike fit and positioning. The more time you spend on the bike, the more important this can be for control, stability, efficiency, and comfort.

Another way that has helped some people to make their bikes rideable with no hands is to use a heavier tire or tube in front. Adding weight to the perimeter of the front wheel gives it stronger gyroscopic precession, which tends to even out the steering.

Back