• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Sure do allex. Had a decent review last night to see if i could get a v3 in a beta by waterjetting new lug inserts.
It ain't gonna work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lash said:
Just put a 1 min clip together of a few moments on the alpha around corindi NSW.

- yes sand is all up my chain!... doh

[youtube]sItEuOBkB4c[/youtube]

Excellent
nice sand section spice it up abit.

Lash now do those donuts without using your leg as leverage. That will show both power and skills.
Loose sand and your foot as leverage even a 250 watter would break traction.

Lash said:
The v3 sounds like a worthy upgrade from the v2. I have the alpha, and assume a v3 would slot in nicely. The v2 with shinko tyre would be too fat for a beta?

Wondering what I could use the v2 for if I upgraded some time.

Sent from my UMI_SUPER using Tapatalk

Nice little 3rd person shot videoe, lots of respect as I know that takes time to do. You are correct, the Beta swingarm is not wide enough for a shinko 2.75-19 SR241. A guy could get a knobby cutter and trim the side knobs and then it would fit. The only MC tire I know that will work decent off road that would fit is the Vee Rubber VRM 021 2.75-19. And there isn't much clearance on each side and the motor has to be perfectly centered or the lace job slightly dished to make it work.

While we're talking wheel size. It looks like I will have to run a 26" wheel up front on my Alpha as I bought one for my Fighter, but it messes up the Fighters geometry, so will just use it on the Alpha now.

I'm thinking of getting a MXUS in the rear, and want to get it laced into a moto rim, but not sure which size to put it in. Should I get it in a 17" or 19" rim to best match the 26" front?

Cheers

Definitely 19" rim, allow about 4" difference between bikes and motos.

Hey here are the websites for the FUTR Alpah and Beta. Please hit it up on FB and check out the sales site. Also, there will be a dealer page added soon, where we will see Hyena as the flagship dealer for FUTR. :D :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/FUTR-Electric-Bikes-Ebike-Frame-Kits-1765060787094961/

http://www.futrelectricbike.com/

Rix said:
Hey here are the websites for the FUTR Alpah and Beta. Please hit it up on FB and check out the sales site. Also, there will be a dealer page added soon, where we will see Hyena as the flagship dealer for FUTR. :D :mrgreen:

Hey thanks for that. The website had the info I was after on max chainring size that will fit, being 53T. :D

Now I wonder if I can fit a 7 speed DNP on the rear together with a MXUS. Anyone know if that will fit?

Cheers

I would think if you really prised it open it should. I generally run a single 12t rear as you tend not to need to shift gears over about 4kw.

Cowardlyduck said:
Rix said:

Hey thanks for that. The website had the info I was after on max chainring size that will fit, being 53T. :D

Now I wonder if I can fit a 7 speed DNP on the rear together with a MXUS. Anyone know if that will fit?

Cheers

I am going to say no. The reason being, if you run an MC tire, you are going to need to space the free wheel away from the hub a little for tire clearance in the lowest gear. There is not enough room to do that. now you could probably have enough clearance for a 7 speed free wheel cluster/cog set, but you wont be using the 2 or 3 largest gears on the back wheel.

Webiste looks the goods Rix/Jay!

I noticed that for illustration purposes the Alpha is pictured with a single crown fork...

Begs the question: How heavy is too heavy for a single fork?

Nice site. Pls let customers know if the prices are in USD or AUD. Make a huge difference.....

Samd said:
I would think if you really prised it open it should. I generally run a single 12t rear as you tend not to need to shift gears over about 4kw.
Thanks. That's a good point. I didn't realise you could get 12t single speeds so that sounds sensible.

Rix said:
I am going to say no. The reason being, if you run an MC tire, you are going to need to space the free wheel away from the hub a little for tire clearance in the lowest gear. There is not enough room to do that. now you could probably have enough clearance for a 7 speed free wheel cluster/cog set, but you wont be using the 2 or 3 largest gears on the back wheel.
Thanks. Yeah as above I think I'll run the 12t single speed as that gives good enough pedal cadence together with a 53t front chainring.

It's a shame no one makes 3 or 5 speed free-wheels with 11t. I searched, but couldn't find any.

How are you guy's getting the right chain tension using a single speed freewheel with the pinching drop-outs? Or are you all running chain tensioner pullys?

Cheers

RobboCop said:
Webiste looks the goods Rix/Jay!

I noticed that for illustration purposes the Alpha is pictured with a single crown fork...

Begs the question: How heavy is too heavy for a single fork?

I am considering putting my DNM USD 6 on the Alpha. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a some kind of forks stop to keep the forks from turning to the point where the brake lines and throttle wire stop.

Cowardlyduck said:
Samd said:
Thanks. That's a good point. I didn't realise you could get 12t single speeds so that sounds sensible.

Rix said:
Thanks. Yeah as above I think I'll run the 12t single speed as that gives good enough pedal cadence together with a 53t front chainring.

It's a shame no one makes 3 or 5 speed free-wheels with 11t. I searched, but couldn't find any.

How are you guy's getting the right chain tension using a single speed freewheel with the pinching drop-outs? Or are you all running chain tensioner pullys?

Cheers

Still need the chain tensioner. I got a pic some where of my set up, let me see if I can find it.

Rix said:
Still need the chain tensioner. I got a pic some where of my set up, let me see if I can find it.
Thanks Rix, would appreciate that.

I was thinking about also running a second, smaller 34t chain ring up front as an option for flat battery/ pedal home capabilities and/or hill climbing, but not sure it's really worth it as the min speed for a 34t would still be 20kph at 50rpm cadence with a 12t freewheel, so not really slow enough to make it that usable.
I also have to remember not to add too much personal preference to this bike as I plan to sell it once complete.

Cheers

I'm not getting any chain rub at the moment using half link on my 2.5:1 38T schlumpf / bmx sprocket adaptation, but its close.
Capture.JPG

But I ended up grabbing 25 of these recently, top colour option. Jay I will drop you a line if you maybe want to include some with frames. I wanted a dozen or so, and 25 were not much more...
201507211528536334.jpg

Another build - First time on wheels and outside.

looks-like-a-bike.jpg
Parts list:
Adaptto Midi-E
Leafbike 35mm
Magura 5 with 180mm discs
DNM USD-6
DNM RCP-3
24" Wheels - Halo T2 Front wheel / Leafbike built Rear wheel
Halo Twin Rail Tyres

I guess not that special, but hopefully pretty sweet anyway. :)

The goal is a test flight this weekend.

I only have the rear brake right now, missing the correct adapter for the fork.
But at lower speeds that cant be a problem. Right? :wink:

Back