"STOLEN" Ebike Perth Western Australia

1000w

1 kW
So last night at 2.10am 23 June 2015, my Giant NRS Ebike was stolen from the Perth fire station where I work.
I believe this was a very targeted theft, a perimeter colourbond steel fence was cut and forced open then a cyclone wire fenced bike locker was cut open and only my ebike taken out of 3 other bikes.
The thief was captured on our CCTV removing the bike and passing it over the fence to another piece of human shite. Of course the footage is not so clear to identify him.
There are several Government services for corrections and drug rehab across the road and I have many times seen people there eyeing my wheels as I arrive at work.
This is the build log http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17330

Here is a photo.

nrs51_1.jpg

I'm watching Gumtree etc, pawn shops and I have been to many of the Perth ebike shops and left a photo and my details hoping the human shite will be chasing a charger.
Please keep an eye out my Australian brothers and sisters.
Cheers,
Matt.

That really sucks mate! I'll keep an eye out as well.

They were willing to unbolt the brackets from the wall where my bikes were chained up; they will go to any length.

It's frocked to hear Matt, I hope the CCTV provides a lead to getting this guy in front of a Magistrate, but chances are you won't get the bike back :(

Sorry to hear.
I had mine nicked from my garage a few weeks ago. No amount of scouring pawn shops , bike resellers, main stream bike racks or back streets, helped. And mine was a very unique recognisable commercial Ebike (Aprilia) with no battery and couldn't be dismantled back down to a valuable frame and untraceable parts in the way that yours can.
So I wish you luck, but I fear insurance is your best resort ! :(

Nice bike built well, seen you on your commute a few times while i'm stuck in traffic in my work van along East pde or so cruising effortlessly, hope you get it back Matt, these subhumans will hopefully get their karma, the bakfietz would've been harder to get over the fence but a bit more awkward for you than the giant,
will keep an eye out and good luck mate

Gee sorry to here the bad news. And you as well Hillhater lost your bike too?
Es member in QLD lost his ebike as well and it was just built http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69277
And these are just thefts I have casually noticed while browsing the forum..
I think I will go back to putting my alarm lock back on instead of only just the D lock, I only slacked off last few days because the person next to me in my apartment car park has yet to lock up his 2 week old new un modded bicycle.

I think ebikes appear to be a bit of a magnet to some dubious types of folk, about a good year ago I had a hardcore houso type guy come up to me while I was unlocking my first build bigw crappy ebike outside a coffee shop and offer me a dubious bicycle swap deal, he would give me some fancy Giant DH un modded bike for my old ebike. Said he needed an ebike since the police broke some bones in his neck etc...

Back