Stupid Injury

dequinox

10 kW
If there's one thing I've been able to count on myself for over the years, it's to get myself injured in not necessarily serious, stupid ways. So my nicad battery crapped out on the HIV bike, so I put an old SLA pack on there to use. I have Anderson connectors on it and they appear to be worn out or malfunctioning, causing my controller to cut out milliseconds after I hit the throttle.

So I'm screwing with with the throttle/battery connector at 12:30 am, bike's on the floor, and I'm in sandals. You might be able to guess what happens next...

KIMG0815.JPG

So that's right after it happened, and after I cleaned some of the black out of the wound. Here's a few days later:

KIMG0837.JPG

Yeah... the rear wheel peeled out on my big toe as the front of the bike jumped up on my workbench. Dumb duh dumb dumb...

Injuries are not stupid. They are clever ways of nature to teach us out of stupidity and ignorance. :D

Toe crashes are also teaching us to dance, for a few seconds at least :mrgreen:

I was light on one foot for a little while at least! :D

Yikes. I had a throttle malfunction one time that should have resulted in something like that. I was riding in cold weather with gloves on and must have been twisting it harder than I realized, I did not realize when coming into the garage at speed (under brake cutoff) and flipping the battery disconnect that the throttle was broken/stuck wide open. Upon charging the battery and then turning the controller back on, it resulted in a HUGE wheelie and quite a bit of fanfare as I tried to regain control. I am amazed nothing got damaged - equipment or myself. Whenever I power down a bike I make sure the throttle is at zero and I put a little more care into the power up sequence now! These aren't loaded guns, but they have ways of shooting you in the foot when you aren't being careful to get your attention, haha.

@ beast775 - That's pretty apt! Burned and abraded at the same time...

@ecycler - You at least had a legitimate equip malfunction that led to your injury... although I suppose a malfunctioning connect could be considered a reason... but it left me feeling a bit like this:

stupid.gif

Shit happens. I had a gardener that wanted to wear sandals at work in summer. I said, fine, but they have to cover your toes. Later on of course, she did drop something heavy on her foot.

I bike in sandals all the time in summer, but I get the kind that covers my toes, and I can put a foot down riding in them fine.

dogman dan said:
Shit happens. ...

Yes it does, and it often happens that it cascades into further shit-happenings down the road... imagine my slight embarrassment in showing up at work in these this morning... and I don't exactly work at google or facebook where there's hammocks and mood rooms around...

crocs-coupon-code2.jpg

Back