The Duty Cycle AWD

Love the magnetic charger port like the apple MagSafe connector kind of.

I checked out the site but it says it's rated for 24V and max 25Amps for the pro version.

Did you have do mod it at all or is it standard?

And where did you get it from!?

Edit: Actually I presumed you were bulk charging but I guess you have a parallel tap.

I've managed to find a UK supplier of these and I'm thinking I could could charge my 12S lipo pack which maxes out at 25.2V.

Cheers,
Kudos

i got mine from here: http://www.lima-shop.de/en/index.php/cat/c230_MagCode-Power-System.html

i'm using the 24v/25a version to bulk charge thru bms at 57.4v/9a without any issues.

if you find a supplier w better price, please let me know.

kudos said:
Love the magnetic charger port like the apple MagSafe connector kind of.

I checked out the site but it says it's rated for 24V and max 25Amps for the pro version.

Did you have do mod it at all or is it standard?

And where did you get it from!?

Edit: Actually I presumed you were bulk charging but I guess you have a parallel tap.

I've managed to find a UK supplier of these and I'm thinking I could could charge my 12S lipo pack which maxes out at 25.2V.

Cheers,
Kudos

Bad idea to use two dissimilar motors front/rear? I purchased an em3EV kit with a Mac 10t and Mac 8t that both require troubleshooting. I have an M-750 TidalForce (same frame) currently, but would love more speed and the ability to climb the local steep mountain roads.

not necessarily. my motors are the same because i'm anal and i like symmetry but i think dissimilar motors would work just fine (although not as efficiently esp during start and max speed). to bring their speeds closer, you could use a voltage divider on one of the throttle lines or simply limit phase current on one controller. in your case, i would use the 10t (torque) on the rear and 8t (speed) on the front. however, ideally both motors should have the same kv.

tightbox said:
Bad idea to use two dissimilar motors front/rear? I purchased an em3EV kit with a Mac 10t and Mac 8t that both require troubleshooting. I have an M-750 TidalForce (same frame) currently, but would love more speed and the ability to climb the local steep mountain roads.

90 kph? What have you upgraded?

Are you still using Mac 6T's ? @ over 3kw each ?

Please do tell....

this is our dual FOC sine controller (in limited production at the moment). 500 phase amps peak (250a per controller), max 22S li-on, dynamic phase boost, 6-step/FOC switching on the fly, anti-slip traction control, wifi config, can energybus comm. will be able to communicate with our bms and android dashboard (in development).

yes, i'm still on dual 6t macs (third set after destroying the first two). front mac is modded for 20mm thru axle forks (robust enough even for regen). in order to protect the delicate clutches, i use 120 phase amps at start, then use dynamic boost to ramp linearly to 250a from 20-90kph. i also have the controllers set to kick back into 6-step with field weakening at 80kph (lose torque but gain speed). temperature on these controllers rarely break 50 degrees running 4kw continuous, 7.5kw peak.

2015-07-06 17.38.19.jpg

Very, very cool.

So you can use a combination of programming the controller and the CAv3 to really fine tune things.

The controller looks very pro, nice.

Kudos

Looks like some pretty snappy acceleration on the video.

I'm real interested in the controllers. If those ever become available, let us know.

j3tch1u said:
front mac is modded for 20mm thru axle forks (robust enough even for regen).

Do you mean the forks are modified like in the previous picture, or do you mean you've modified the the axle/motor somehow?

Kudos

j3tch1u said:
this is our dual FOC sine controller (in limited production at the moment). 500 phase amps peak (250a per controller), max 22S li-on, dynamic phase boost, 6-step/FOC switching on the fly, anti-slip traction control, wifi config, can energybus comm. will be able to communicate with our bms and android dashboard (in development).

Is this really your controller? It looks like a couple mobipus controllers to me? Is this your company?

http://www.mobipus.com/

mobipus is my partner's company. we co-develop ev's together. here is his msx (sporting prototype 800A controller) alongside dogati in my workshop:

2015-04-01 22.25.20.jpg

flathill said:
j3tch1u said:

Is this really your controller? It looks like a couple mobipus controllers to me? Is this your company?

this is the 2nd revision of the front mod which doesn't require modification of the forks. i've modified the axle and made a larger bearing unit to bring the wires out the side. as you can see, the forks have no slot (ie. strong as hell) :shock:

2015-05-30 17.45.45 small.jpg

kudos said:
j3tch1u said:
front mac is modded for 20mm thru axle forks (robust enough even for regen).

Do you mean the forks are modified like in the previous picture, or do you mean you've modified the the axle/motor somehow?

Kudos

thanks fechter. it actually accelerates a lot faster (you would hear the tyres burn) but we were testing field weakening top speed that day and i needed to conserve the volts.

duly noted. i'll post a thread on the for sale section when the controllers are available.

fechter said:
Looks like some pretty snappy acceleration on the video.

I'm real interested in the controllers. If those ever become available, let us know.

j3tch1u said:
this is the 2nd revision of the front mod which doesn't require modification of the forks. i've modified the axle and made a larger bearing unit to bring the wires out the side. as you can see, the forks have no slot (ie. strong as hell) :shock:

Hollow axles suck. That looks great, but how do you remove the motor now?

Edit: I just watch the video. Those are some really steep roads there. I though San Francisco was bad, but those look much steeper (and narrower). That thing really moves!

man, you guys are curious, can't a guy keep any secrets? :lol:

the axles were shortened and tapped for M10 bolts--RH thread on one side, LH on the other so the plugs tighten when driven (don't try this with regen!).

unscrew the bolts/sleeves and the motor pops right out.

fechter said:
j3tch1u said:

Hollow axles suck. That looks great, but how do you remove the motor now?

j3tch1u said:
mobipus is my partner's company. we co-develop ev's together. here is his msx (sporting prototype 800A controller) alongside dogati in my workshop:

flathill said:
j3tch1u said:

Sweet any details on the MSX hub motor? Is it a QS motor?

it "was" a custom QS motor--would constantly overheat and finally blew the phase wires. now it's running a custom motor made by 9C with upgraded magnets/phase wires. they hired a pro rider and raced in superbike class couple weeks ago at the track in southern taiwan. passed a duc1199 (will post a video shortly). motor was still overheating a lot. 60Ah pack ran out in 10min of racing :shock:

btw, hitting 40kw peak on 22s life pack. 300nm on the dyno. 0-100kph time is 3.9s.

flathill said:
Sweet any details on the MSX hub motor? Is it a QS motor?

Wow you will put many sports car drivers to shame in red light races :twisted:
3.9 seconds is crazy fast. You should try your bike on the drag strip.

Back