The Ruff Tracker - MXUS3000w

Awesome!

666DA55E-93F9-4803-89E6-4182445A759D_zpsgorjeyzg.jpg

Quick Mock up of the Peg-dals. I've had a few sets of these pedals (Gusset Prosecutor) and they are hard as F#CK. Multiple shin/ankle/ scars can verify
If I step on them with my 5Ten mountain bike shoes, they have more grip than you would expect possible. They are sitting 2 inches lower and two inches backwards and two inches wider from the original location, pretty comfy when im up on them.

Sorry for the necropost, but how did the porucho fair? Was it comfortable to pedal or a nightmare? Or did the build evolve into a different bike altogether? I'm looking into my own porucho bbshd headway cell build, I plan on a build thread, when I can afford to buy the first parts :oops:

My! I don't know when I did post here but thank you for bringing this thread back, Ruff Cycles have gorgeous frames! That's because of builds like these that I've been craving for a e-cruiser.

Great build mate!
I would replace the DNM fork with something better like MRP Groove.

Hertzelz said:
Great build mate!
I would replace the DNM fork with something better like MRP Groove.
Ive been thinking about it, would be nice to have a fork that can modulate with less effort (DNM's feel 'sticky' after Boxxers, Dorados etc..)
I could re-valve and respring, but I suspect that it will feel the same.

It was great for a few months (wrapped up in the garage at the moment)...its a dead sexy frame. Having said that, its a lot of steel. If you like to pedal, they are very comfortable like most crank forward designs. Coupling; big ass tires, brooks saddle and Thudbuster took some trial and error to stop me bobbing around while pedalling...not that there's much pedalling done. Sadly ALL my bikes (except peddlers) are packed away as I'm building a new house (with purpose designed workshop underneath it)

The ruff frames are rolling art. I highly recommend one and I'm sure that Samd and Willow will concur.
When the new workshop is up and running I will be rebuilding it to 'cop-bait' spec. Big brushless, burnout capable mid, and 65kph+

Hello

I have a porucho v3 and a dead aluminium to work out on a new ebike
And want tu use the mxus v3 turbo 3000w so they tellme the drop outs is 140mm this is the same dropouts u have on yout mxus hub ? Did the axle fit the frame dropouts well ?

So you have the Aluminium frame porucho?

My frame is steel, it had 135mm dropouts and I used the 135mm (shoulder to shoulder) MXUS v1 and it fit perfectly. Ive test fitted my big Crystalyte 5404 (150mm dropout) and it stretched to fit. Not sure how far you can stretch the aluminium frame. The axle flats for the MXUS were a perfect fit. For the Alluminium I think youll need some sort of torque arms as there isnt a lot of material there (this is why i went with the steel...much easier to work with).

ronincustoms said:
Hello

I have a porucho v3 and a dead aluminium to work out on a new ebike
And want tu use the mxus v3 turbo 3000w so they tellme the drop outs is 140mm this is the same dropouts u have on yout mxus hub ? Did the axle fit the frame dropouts well ?
you might be better to get some stainless dropout plates laser cut to bolt onto the frame. that way, you should be able to fit larger hubs, and get the clamping fit you will need.

Back