The Thunder 1220 charger is finally back in stock

motomech

10 MW
After month and months, the 1220 is back in stock.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75p-1220-charger.html

I.M.O. opinion, it's not only the best 12S balance charger, it's the only one.
Mine has been used daily for over two years with not even a hiccup.
I like the fact that it can be powered with a single surplus Server power supply.
This could be the last batch, as I have read Thunder may be dis-continuing this model.

i don't know if this should be considered a recommendation, but i don't think there has been a thread yet on a dead one. i know i never worked on one.

i still think a BMS and bulk charger are cheaper though and provide short circuit and LVC protection as well as balancing the pack.

My 1220 is still ticking with few to no problems. It is going on 2 years now. I highly recommend it, and use it on my AMP20 A123 pack. Balances every time.
otherDoc

Mine stopped working it boots up - runs thru the menu and then it fads out and wouldn't start to charge. I called hobbypartz and they said it was the the power supply in the charger ? ? ?
It happen as I was charging and walked away to find it off and the battery not fully charged. Help Doctor Dnmum.

I had two that died on me as well the display just fades to blank. I recommend the i charger which I have been using to charge at 40amps, no problem.

Back