The Ultra Motors A2B

UltraBike.jpg

Sorry if this bike has already been mentioned but it looks like a pretty sweet ride! If I had the money, I might go for this one but instead I'm in the process of building my own.

http://ultramotor.com

Is the motor geared or direct drive? I like the fat tires and full suspension, but I'd want a monster-sized chainring on the crank.

shutrbug said:
Looks like a rear hub motor to me.

Yup, it's a rear hub motor. I'm not sure but the batteries might be mounted in the frame. It's a bit overpriced and as much as I love the wheels and look of this bike I think I might do an e-bike build with a downhill bike like others here. :D

I test rode one the other day but the battery was about dead :( It has a 36 volt lithium battery that is inserted into the frame right below the pedals. There is a rail on the back of the bike where a second battery can slide on. I test rode ultramotors other bikes to, slow but fun. The europa had a heinzman motor but the other two didn't.

Here is a battery out of a Europa 10 ah 36 volt, comes off charger at 41 volts.
europalipo1.jpg
Nice box with a handle an on off switch charge port and outlet.
Also a 30 amp fuse inline.
A no return eebaybuy so no warranty to me :D lets look inside

Sure hope the bms on top is a very good one. It will be charged outdoors.
I have no other specs on this set up.

The europa battery box almost fits right into an E V global frame. They have a different power outlet ,
and the europa battery switch will flip to the on position when the outer battery door is closed.
This battery weighs in at 8 1/2 pounds.

Back