Theft controller

Yeah! thats the spirit nechaus ! Club the bastards they shouldnt be stealing bikes in the first place. if u figure out how to build one i would buy it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personal-reminder-alarm-Anti-Lost-Alarm-Child-Alarm-/390449606446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5ae89c2f2e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHILD-PERSONAL-SAFETY-SECURITY-ALARM-PET-PUSHCHAIR-PRAM-/310224797676?pt=UK_Safety_Alarms&var=&hash=item483ad6bfec

you could mod one of these.
adam

I'm looking at $50 gps units and using a payg sim. I don't want to stop them. I want to find them. Only problem is the UK police probably won't act, but there refusal gives me good standing to go in with the boys. Which tbh, will be a harsher result for them.

Gotta have a mobile phone though to call it up. In order to locate it, and listen in.

friendly1uk said:
I'm looking at $50 gps units and using a payg sim. I don't want to stop them. I want to find them. Only problem is the UK police probably won't act, but there refusal gives me good standing to go in with the boys. Which tbh, will be a harsher result for them.

Gotta have a mobile phone though to call it up. In order to locate it, and listen in.

I just got one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261194821970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

£16 delivered

not tested it yet, waiting till I put a 12v system on my bike for lights... for £16 it's cheap enough to try... going to use it with a gifgaf sim card... got to put £5 on every 3 months to keep it active... but that's only £20 a year :)

That is very nifty for it's application. £20 a year is good insurance, and the one off £16 makes a £21 start up cost. Quite appealing.

I like the £35 one's because there based around mobile phones. You don't get that online mapping that really sells the £16 one's but being able to listen is a major plus. You might find your gps has it's accuracy questioned when it comes to issuing warrants. Listening in while watching movements within a property, could be that final proof required for 100% certainly.

I think hidden within the battery is the best location. If it has it's own battery that will last a few weeks after the cycle battery dies, that is also a big plus. I bet a smart phone can do the job, but I'm not chavvy
edit: Savvy

Problem down here, MIGHT be, no Sim ?? Card system to use.

Why not stop them, before they can strip or burn your Bike-Moto ??

To me, a thief is pretty low on the list of bad people. We all work(ed) hard for what we have, and some dipshit just "Takes " it ?? I don't think so.

Last night on the news here, some moron jumps in the entryway of the bus and hits rge driver and tries to rob the cash holder. Driver punches the guy, he falls out the door, and the Bus rear tire is parked on top of the guy. I say, GOOD RIDDANCE.

This Pansy attitude is what is making thieves, rapists ,etc. more brave. NO retaliation.

I have a waiting list for whomever gets one of what I want, working. I just don't know or understand electronics.

Arlo had nearly what I wanted, but, I can't buy the key fob thing, here. My Son has looked in Auto Parts places, but, the ones they sell are junk. I want a decent deactivation device. No need to go to shitty locations and confront morons on dope, just to get my stuff back.

These sim cards might be just the thing for most of you guys, but, not me, down here.

I had an interesting thought. Since most people don't know the basics of e-bikes, i.e. controllers etc., you could externally mount the controller, cover up the specs info on it and then use an alphabet stencil and print the word alarm on the controller. You'd just have to make sure that the controller was highly visible. To an uninformed non-e-biker it would look like a little alarm box. An even cheaper thing would be to get one of those little battery powered high pitched alarms with the pull pin activation. Attach it to the wheel, and when a thief tries to roll off with the bike, it would pull the pin and set the alarm off and partially bind up the wheel.

ok if your in the USA buy one stun gun one rc servo and rc controller and rc receiver and a 500mm long wire core solder the wire core to the stun gun pins and wrap around the Accelerator/throttle glue the receiver to servo to stun gun you will need a battery for the receiver

I Did not just tell you this LMFGDAO :twisted:

(RC controller and receiver 2.4ghz work up to 3/4 of a mile)

I totally agree that it's very satisfying seeing a thief get his just dessert with any of the above systems BUT today in America and elsewhere the thief has more rights than the victim. You may very well end up in jail and even have to give this scum your hard earned money, when the perfect system is already available, the boating industry has a small pin that you plug into the dash and then a length of cord connects to your life vest, if you fall out of the boat this cord pulls the plug and the motor stops. Now I would locate that connection in a hidden place like under the seat or somewhere close so when you stop for a beer just get off and walla inactive bike. By the way when someone points a gun in your face the only thing to say is "YES SIR" and when he sits on your bike RUN RUN leave retaliation to the heros. Nick R.

Fit an airbag in the seat and stun gun handle bars all on remote I don't think they will get far I've seen some cracking videos of thieves coming off a treat on bait bikes.

Back