Theft controller

If only I knew electronics like you guys. I'm just stuck with using spears and clubs for defense. :lol: :lol:

Hi try this i have it you can track youre stuff

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1920&bih=955&wrapid=tlif134731956709410&q=gps+tracker&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8526508442835183181&sa=X&ei=EndOUJqHOOGl0QW3toDgAQ&ved=0CEcQ8wIwAQ

ps you can give it away and still get you suff back hope it helps

If someone comes up to you with a gun it's best not to mess with him. If you plan to shoot him or electrocute him it is legally better to kill them completely than to maim them or at least it is here in Arizona. It is messed up legally enough that you will end up paying for someone's injuries even if they were being the assailant. You will have less hassle if you kill them.

As for as a bike that is parked, it is hard to keep it secure. People can still pick the controller and batteries off a bike locked to a rack. Backpack controller and batteries is one solution. I just try to bring my bike in with me everywhere I can get away with it.

If you disable a motorcycle with a thief on it, you are effectively risking damage to your bike, right? He might ditch it and not think to use a kick stand. Or he might not be able to avoid a collision. Better than nothing, but still damage that you may or may not have insurance coverage for.

That's why I like the idea of a GPS tracking system. Maybe GPS + reduced speed (say 25 mph).

I would much prefer someone with the smarts to get with me on a price to build me one, so I can copy it and build others.

I'm not worried in the least about consequences of use. Just need a working model.

This is a good idea, on my bike i just soldered a switch between the positive and ignition wire, not secure at all but i take my battery off the bike so it doesnt make a huge difference, the wires could be pulled inside the controller, and the switch replaced with some remotely activated switch that when the transmitter is within 50 meters or even 10 meters (on $1000 ebike i doubt someones gonna pull a gun, if they have a knife then ill be able to run and get the popo) turns on/off.

ian.mich said:
This is a good idea, on my bike i just soldered a switch between the positive and ignition wire, not secure at all but i take my battery off the bike so it doesnt make a huge difference, the wires could be pulled inside the controller, and the switch replaced with some remotely activated switch that when the transmitter is within 50 meters or even 10 meters (on $1000 ebike i doubt someones gonna pull a gun, if they have a knife then ill be able to run and get the popo) turns on/off.
Ohh, I like that - a physical switch and a keyless anti-theft... at knife-point :twisted:

I had a pipe-dream of using a chip-in-glove to disable the throttle, or make it so it's on the lowest 3-way. That way if a cop pulls me over for speeding - there's no way to replicate the power setting without my hands in very close proximity. Tie that into anti-theft and the thief escapes at grandma-speed.

More coffee! KF

Kingfish said:
ian.mich said:
Ohh, I like that - a physical switch and a keyless anti-theft... at knife-point :twisted:

I had a pipe-dream of using a chip-in-glove to disable the throttle, or make it so it's on the lowest 3-way. That way if a cop pulls me over for speeding - there's no way to replicate the power setting without my hands in very close proximity. Tie that into anti-theft and the thief escapes at grandma-speed.

More coffee! KF

i was thinking the switch would just get replaced with this transmitter entirely, seems unnecessary to have both. ive been thinking of the same thing, like having a hidden switch for when i get pulled over, hit it and its automatically 32km/h top speed, or a wireless switch i can hit in my pocket. problem i see with the wireless transmitter being inside the controller is the power source, need batteries or 12v or whatever.

How about wiring up the panic button on a key to an actual antitheft horn and putting that in the battery compartment? You know 200 decibels worth could certainly make a scene.

HAROX said:
How about wiring up the panic button on a key to an actual antitheft horn and putting that in the battery compartment? You know 200 decibels worth could certainly make a scene.

not as effective as just making the bike completely non functional, plus that would probably be harder to wire and more expensive

Anyone have any idea how to make a wireless switch that turns on/off with a promity sensor powered by 12v and a portable module that works on an AA or 2, or if there's something that can be repurposed

ian.mich said:
if there's something that can be repurposed
electronic doggie (or cat) doors. See my posts about that in Jeremy Harris' RFID switch thread (might be in his bike thread).

MattyCiii said:
I bought a GPS tracker/alarm system for my bike. Put a SIM chip in it and it'll report its position back to you. There are wires/outputs for things like fuel pump disable (even included a relay for this purpose), and a secret "carjack panic button", but I did not explore what that does. Has a key fob for close range activation/deactivation, and can be remotely activated through text message commands. This might be just the ticket. I pay about $15 for the SIM chip on AT&T as an "extra line" on the family plan.
Do you pay $15 a month???

amberwolf said:
ian.mich said:
if there's something that can be repurposed
electronic doggie (or cat) doors. See my posts about that in Jeremy Harris' RFID switch thread (might be in his bike thread).

thats a promimity switch alright, but a very close one. im looking for something with a long range, 10-50 meters

I really hope one of you guys can make this thing work. I would buy 10 right off the bat.

I just do not know electronics. :roll:

OK. Time to bring this back to the drawing board. I have had requests to design something for gas engined motorcycles. The point the gun and ride off assholes need to be deterred.

I have a courier service that wants to do ALL his motos.

Some way to cut the ignition, without burning up the electronics would be a good start. My son is looking, today, for an add on door lock type actuator. I hope to get it rigged to push a bar through the spokes and have it jam up against the forks, to face plant the asshole in front of a bus or loaded dump truck. :twisted: :twisted:

Meanwhile, what can be done to cut the ignition without burning up the module ?? An actuator that pulls a connection apart in the wire leading from the ignition to the electronic module, if one exists ?? Somehow to short out the ignition wire to the spark plug ??

The RFID is certainly the way to go, I think. It needs to be a stealthy install and damn near foolproof.

Harold in CR said:
OK. Time to bring this back to the drawing board. I have had requests to design something for gas engined motorcycles. The point the gun and ride off assholes need to be deterred.

I have a courier service that wants to do ALL his motos.

Some way to cut the ignition, without burning up the electronics would be a good start. My son is looking, today, for an add on door lock type actuator. I hope to get it rigged to push a bar through the spokes and have it jam up against the forks, to face plant the asshole in front of a bus or loaded dump truck. :twisted: :twisted:

Meanwhile, what can be done to cut the ignition without burning up the module ?? An actuator that pulls a connection apart in the wire leading from the ignition to the electronic module, if one exists ?? Somehow to short out the ignition wire to the spark plug ??
You don't want to short it out going to the plug IE hi voltage side of the coil. There is lots of easy ways to do this. If I was you I would wire it like the kill switch hooked to the RFID switch and keep it hidden. You can try to do something that brakes the circuit from the trigger coil to the CDI or ECU if you think the kill switch is to easy to be hot wired by the thieves.
The RFID is certainly the way to go, I think. It needs to be a stealthy install and damn near foolproof.
I think RFID is best as well.

Thanks Arlo.
I had to go to ebay and look at a CDI ? :roll: I'm no motorcycle guy. :roll:

I see that a spade connector is what powers the coil. Would you happen to know if that is High voltage, like pack V or super high, like an electronic capacitor feeding the coil ??

IF I rig the actuator to that wire, securely, it should snatch it off that spade connection, correct ??

That would be the easiest way to hook it up, correct ?? It should be located up under the fairing, so, not a simple thing to look for in the panic to steal the ride, correct ??

Harold in CR said:
Thanks Arlo.
I had to go to ebay and look at a CDI ? :roll: I'm no motorcycle guy. :roll:

I see that a spade connector is what powers the coil. Would you happen to know if that is High voltage, like pack V or super high, like an electronic capacitor feeding the coil ??

IF I rig the actuator to that wire, securely, it should snatch it off that spade connection, correct ??

That would be the easiest way to hook it up, correct ?? It should be located up under the fairing, so, not a simple thing to look for in the panic to steal the ride, correct ??
What motorcycle is it? I can find a wiring diagram and see what type of CDI or ECU it uses and I will see if I can show you what I mean.

www.recumbents.com said:
Experiment with disconnecting one or two of the hall sensor wires. Does the bike still run? Does it run badly enough the the thief will abandon it quickly? If that provides the desired effects, a small switch can be used to crapify the bike.

-Warren.
I belive he is asking about an internal combustion engine.

These are mostly CHEEEEEP Chinese motos. :roll: :roll: Can't even remember the name or spell it, even. :roll:

One similar type is Genesis, made in India, China, ??????

I will contact my source and see if he can diagnosis the situation, better.

Thanks Arlo.

Sorry, the Motos are gasoline engine, until some get converted to electric. :)

Harold

Harold in CR said:
These are mostly CHEEEEEP Chinese motos. :roll: :roll: Can't even remember the name or spell it, even. :roll:

One similar type is Genesis, made in India, China, ??????

I will contact my source and see if he can diagnosis the situation, better.

Thanks Arlo.

Sorry, the Motos are gasoline engine, until some get converted to electric. :)

Harold

Ok see if you can find out what the CDI looks like just google china CDI for wiring here is one pic the kill pin hooks to ground on the CDI to stop spark and stop the bike from running.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/cdi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forums.atvconnection.com/chinese-quads/335755-yerf-dog-90cc-wiring.html&h=375&w=504&sz=20&tbnid=h17Fj0q8AMYJqM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=122&zoom=1&usg=__-INsdDVsvh7Y6WE6dcp0q_3Kebc=&docid=VWqyUVcH8TlABM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vDMZUdW2AYnGiwLzvoDADQ&ved=0CDYQ9QEwAg&dur=178

Her is the other common style. http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/LynnEdwards_photo/CDI_Pinout.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forums.atvconnection.com/chinese-quads-ask-expert/344373-kinroad-quad-200cc-wont-start-no-spark.html&h=600&w=450&sz=28&tbnid=g7TmCul-CN6FHM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=65&zoom=1&usg=__-lDFeJSBiVietjJfmlWK_lgt1UI=&docid=r3ZbVZ545s6NlM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vDMZUdW2AYnGiwLzvoDADQ&ved=0CEAQ9QEwBQ&dur=1881

I have used these CDI moduals to get all kinds of things running again. My grandpas 84 Jawa my race car owners old tractor and others they are easy to use and find for cheep!

So, no actuator needed ?? Just hook up the RFID somehow ??

Sorry to be so dumb. Just grew up with points and condensors. Never needed to get into electronic ignition, until now. :roll:

REALLY appreciate the help, Arlo. Thank you

Harold

Harold in CR said:
So, no actuator needed ?? Just hook up the RFID somehow ??

Sorry to be so dumb. Just grew up with points and condensors. Never needed to get into electronic ignition, until now. :roll:

REALLY appreciate the help, Arlo. Thank you

Harold
I have not done anything with a RFID yet but I really want to... Jeremy works on it here for a Ebike

As for what you need is just to have a switch that the RFID turns on and off to connect the kill wire to the ground wire it should be simple.
In fact to test all you should start with is a switch that does that to prove the CDI will be shut off that way and you might find the kill switch is hooked to those wires so you can test the kill switch with an ohm meter then trace the wires back and just hide a toggle switch as a hidden kill.
The next step would be a RFID to do the same.

If cops get bad for measuring power of our ebikes ever I will hide a RFID that lowers the power of the ebike via switch and have the tag hidden on my person. ;)

Back