this power supply good for anything?

vintagerider

100 mW
this charger was given to me can i use it for anything or can it be upgraded somehow to be a good power supply for lipo charger? thanks for any help

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!iYE3dEG+c5nBN7TqvCGVg~~_1.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!iYE3dEG+c5nBN7TqvCGVg~~_1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 644
vintagerider said:
this charger was given to me can i use it for anything or can it be upgraded somehow to be a good power supply for lipo charger? thanks for any help

Yes it can be usefull

if you build your own pack and need to top charge all the cells in parallel ( to balance them) that beast would be nice!

i'm doing the same job with my 0-10V 0-100A psu... but 250A would be nice!

Doc

thanks Doc waiting for hk lipo to come in mail, 8 x 6S lipo, as 24S2P at 88.8v 16Ah i need to investigate this further as i am very new to this technology

With your LiPo packs, it would not be useful because they are already in series. I'm trying to think of what uses I could see for it, but the truth is - very few that I can think of, besides Doc's idea of charging up a big bank of cells for testing.

I do have a 12v 15A power supply, that I use in conjunction with a $5 DC-DC stepdown converter to offer me a range of voltages for various purposes from 10v to 2v. The downside is I don't think you could ever find something that remotely max out the capabilities that sweet little power supply of yours. That said, maybe at the very least you could use it as a power supply for a small DC-DC adjustable voltage step-up so you can have a range of voltages available (at a much smaller current than the max capability of your charger).

Edit: maybe the best option would be to see what that sells for on ebay. And buy something more applicable to your needs with the money. But I suppose I would wait to see if anyone else has ideas.

Basicly a beast of a single cell charger. Maybe trim the pot down to 4.2v. But all those amps, man, you'd have to have some big ah single cells, or big strings of paralell cells.

A pile of em would sure charge a race bike fast.

My only guess would relate to audio equipment, but there must also be specialized hardware systems that require lots of 5v.

good for powering >500 usb devices maybe... :D

USB-Fan wind tunnel :p^

Back