Tidalforce a hub battery

momo

100 W
A hub cells.JPG View attachment 3

View attachment 2 white charger replaced transistor..JPGwhite charger bad  mosfet.JPG

Finally brought the parts home and began testing. The battery charger and wheel charging connectors were
replaced with 120v 3 prong male and female ends which were wired correctly. The charger would indicate bad battery.
I opened the hub battery removed the cell carriage from the hub
and tried to charge the cells directly, no avail the charger still indicated bad battery. I noticed transistor parts
inside the hub. After removing the hub circuit board from the batteries the blown transistor was then visible (FR2407).
The mosfet which allow the switching circuit permitting the cells to be charged. After replacing the transistor
still would not charge. I then opened the (white) battery charger, Mosfet (irf540n) was defective. replaced transistor
and now it's fixed. The wiring in the factory charging connectors had shorted out while charging which
caused the transistors to blow. Note their should be no power voltage at the charging connector on the hub without
the charger plugged in. My guess is this would have costed a few hundred dollars for levt to repair.
So i must have got a good deal. Too bad it's not an X. Now you guys can consider me as a true tidalforce owner.

that doesn't look too bad. only 8 tabs to unsolder.
thanks for the pics

Wait a minute, their is more to unsolder. Be very careful with the sensors thermisters. They are silicone in place or onto the cells to help sense the temperature better. You cannot remove the board without unsolder them or you will
ruin them. i think about six of them.

Back