Tidalforce LiPO Pack Upgrade Help!

Thinking out of the box is great. But can you get those cells and just replace the three put it but on the road. Or are they keep in a vault only for T.F. I rode a TF and like it 3yrs ago but the batteries in the wheel thing counted it out, I though it worked better than the other bikes in the store. Is the motor a DD ?

I could replace the dead NiMHs but Saft NiMH D cells are over $20 per! http://www.atbatt.com/product/23044.asp

Then they would be mismatched. I don't think that would be good. The older NiMHs would then just give out one by one...

Ambrose

Sure Casschr1

I'll measure a Saft D cell when I get home.

Ambrose

You can't get three in there like a triangle? Looks like some wasted space. 3 probably won't fit unless you go with smaller packs huh?

This post makes me wonder about building a regular hub motor into a battery pack.. not that it would be worth while with all the extra work. But made me think.

3 won't fit since it would extend past the shell too much and would prevent the wheel case from turning. The problem is the axle in the center. It's large and is a major obstruction to placing more packs inside. Three smaller packs would fit, but I need 4 to get a 2S2P configuration.

I would be happy with 8AH since it's only slightly less than the original 9AH.

Ambrose

vanilla ice said:
You can't get three in there like a triangle? Looks like some wasted space. 3 probably won't fit unless you go with smaller packs huh?

So, how's the latest Zippy 18.5v/8ah lithium Poly Tidalforce front hub upgrade going?

I'm in need of four upgrades! :wink:

Kit
S.CA

I've received the Zephyr Lite BMS in kit form and I need to order the 5S 30C Zippy packs. After I complete the soldering and testing, I need to fit it all into the front hub and make sure everything is tight before making a couple of test runs.

In the mean time, I just won a M-750 frame with front fork and I also won a red S-750 complete but with a dead front hub battery so I'll need to do rebuild more hub batteries.

Right now, the weather has turned very cold in the DC area so I'm in no huge rush. These batteries are going to be my winter projects!

Hi - yes please keep us posted of developments and with pictures - some of us may follow in your footsteps if it works out well - best of luck!

Absolutely. I also keep my blog up to date on all my ebike adventures.

Back