Tidalforce S Frame Battery

momo

100 W
Hello everyone it's been a very long time since I have wrote on here. My bikes have been collecting dust for many years. Wondering if anyone has found a triangle battery which fits the inside of the Tidalforce S frame. What a shame lithium cells aren't designed as donut shaped to easily fit inside the front battery wheel.

momo said:
What a shame lithium cells aren't designed as donut shaped to easily fit inside the front battery wheel.
Neither are the cells that are in there. ;) They are cylindrical, as are various lithium formats.

Don't know if any of the Li formats have measurements that would fit inside the hub, but there have been conversion threads for this before.

Found one post where you did convert a battery hub to A123 (lithium) cells:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39250#p575806

I'm sure other people have done similar things.

Regarding a triangle battery: If one doesn't exist with the dimensions you need, you could build one or have one built. :)

Yes, wow I remember you.
Because D size nickel metal are a little shorter
Than 18650, that creates a big problem.
I just cant believe the big tidalforce fans have let the
Concept go down the drain. Even Emotion E+ having
Designed a newer version still ended up using nickel metal. What losers.

Are you still riding ebikes these days?

momo said:
Because D size nickel metal are a little shorter
Than 18650, that creates a big problem.
How about spacer ring(s) on the cover(s) and then on the axle shoulders, to give just that little bit more space? (if not enough space, maybe replace the axle with a longer one)

Are you still riding ebikes these days?
Always. ;) See the SB Cruiser trike thread for my present transportation, and the Cloudwalker cargo bike thread for a future one.

That was exactly what I had in mind years ago.
Just dont have the time to build or modify anything anymore. Back in 2012 with the A123's they worked but just a hassle having to series,parallel between separate packs located in different areas. And using different chargers.

"not enough space, maybe replace the axle with a longer one)"
Not sure where to get a longer axel.
Sorry, I dont know how to use those cool copy and paste features you play with.

Will check your posts on your trike

Back