Tire slipping

999zip999

100 TW
Okay my tires slipping rolling the tire backward the tire in ripping the stem losing air in walking home.
I tried putting the tire to the rim with gasket cinch that seemed to work pretty good with a muxus gypsy. I I am now using a muxus 3000 4t powervelocity 15 fet @ 72v 50 amp. And now using a rhyno lite sun rim with rivets and 14/13 spam spokes. The tire is a serfas drifter and thick slim tube.
So The rim is a little Bent yes be t that hard and I'm thinking about grinding diagonal slots on the inside of the rim to hold the bead of the tire down so it won't slide and rip my stem off my tube crating a flat. Maybe with a compound wheel. It will pull the tire down. Yes just little ones. What's up ???

Higher tire pressure usually helps. Also be sure there is no oily stuff on the rim or the tire bead.

I got the stone grinding out I was going to make the rational slits very small ones but I decided all I need to do it just scuffed up that little bead area or the other falls over it makes a little hook beat

Is the tube the correct size?
Here in Mexico I couldn't get a tube for my 2.40" tires and the tire would slip around a bit with a 1.95 tube. I had to glue the sidewalls to the rim.

I tried using belt dressing gasket cinch the one where the girl is falling over and her dress opens up and you can see her underwear on the can. It's like a contact cement you put it on let it dry then drop the tire . in there. It worked with the maxis Gypsy tire which I like very much but I have like three of these serfas drifter tires 26 v 2.0. and the thick slim tube.

999zip999 said:
I inflate the Tyre 45 to 50 lb or more . Hard.

You may have to relace hub motor into a motorcycle/moped rim but only after trying other methods no doubt.
Or, relace into a bicycle rim, which you can install a motorcycle tire. Just options for ya buddy zip.

Belt Spray usage check
Tire Pressure high enough check
Correct tube size check

Maybe try to find a tighter fitting tire, like you know how some tires are super hard to get that last little bit up and over and seated onto the rim. Maybe your rims ERD is just too small.
I cant load the sun ringle pdf page for erd's.

Yes the maxis Gypsy did slip less than the serfas. But I got ,3 free as they are 26in and my neighbor Only uses 27:5 or 29 and 26 is out of fashion as we all know.. As he owns a high end bike rental business.

Markz you should go to 27.5 and send me the out of date 26in Stuff. P.M. me for shipping address. Will pay for shipping. No worries. Lol
No 26in. spandex.

Challenge rim cement ? Does anyone use or know of this rim cement I think it's for road bikes but my tire slips at 5000 w on my 26 in bicycle rim that terrors my valve stem off.

999zip999 said:
Challenge rim cement ? Does anyone use or know of this rim cement I think it's for road bikes but my tire slips at 5000 w on my 26 in bicycle rim that terrors my valve stem off.

Motorcycle/Moped rims have rim lock clamp

Maybe time to switch

Of course when you type in Rim Lock to the search engine, locks come up with a few motorcycle rim locks showing up as well.

999zip999 said:
I'm going to buy the em3ev 3,000watt 17in moped rim 3t.

Hopefully its in stock soon.

https://em3ev.com/shop/3kw-rear-direct-drive-hub-motor/
17" Moto Wheel Build With 10 Gauge Moto Spokes
Moto Wheel Build 17" (1.6" wide) Moto Rim and Spoke Build
$0.00 (USD)

Out of stock

Solutions:

Build tubeless, with a bicycle tubeless kit for your tire size. Add a foam insert, to make it virtually flat proof.

Use a bead lock. There are some small enough for 2.5 bicycle tires. Check for the small plastic ones on Amazon.

Grip It, automotive belt dressing. Or dish soap if you are not in a hurry, it does help mounting tires and dry sticky enough in 3 days.

Buy better tires. Dual or triple compound DH racing tires, grippy, sticky... made for riding fast and hitting hard.

Back