To QS205 owners out there..

ebike11

1 MW
Hi
I finally made my qs205 prurchase :D . Im quite excited to get things installed but I have a question if you dont mind. No washers came with the motor. Just a regular and half sized tightening nut along with a torque arm.
Am I supposed to put some sort of washer where the red arrows are in the pics below? The motor does fit in my dropouts the way it comes stock. I use a single freewheel but just wondering if its ok to have the bike frame up against those 2 points.
Thanks a lot!

https://ibb.co/q096pnx

https://ibb.co/GWqqfMJ

Doesn’t need washers if your dropouts and clearances are good. The torque arm is useless, for it is not a tight fit with the axle. Best are clamping open dropouts, or through axle bolt on torque plates.

Long story short you need dropouts engineered for a 30lb hub motor if you want to safely run a 30lb hub motor. As the Rhino says torque arms are not a solution. For my QS205 / QS273 I built my own swingarm out of steel with 1/2" thick stock for the dropouts.

MadRhino said:
Doesn’t need washers if your dropouts and clearances are good. The torque arm is useless, for it is not a tight fit with the axle. Best are clamping open dropouts, or through axle bolt on torque plates.

I see what u mean.
I did use M16 torque arms with the MXUS though.
I still have them. The arms fit snugly on the axle. The qs205 axle is also M16. I know its a weak as heck torque arm for that motor

flat tire said:
Long story short you need dropouts engineered for a 30lb hub motor if you want to safely run a 30lb hub motor. As the Rhino says torque arms are not a solution. For my QS205 / QS273 I built my own swingarm out of steel with 1/2" thick stock for the dropouts.

Id love to find a custom steel swingarm in the near future. Yours sounds beefy

MadRhino said:

Are there any stock framed bikes that you would recommend to use with a qs205?

I would only recommend bikes or bike frames that are factory made for a hub motor. Unfortunately many of these are questionable looking like the EEB. But you can search for "electric bike frame" or "ebike frame kit" and see what's out there.

I like my victor lite.https://vectorebike.com/. Its handled 6kw and offroad abuse for a year now

flat tire said:
I would only recommend bikes or bike frames that are factory made for a hub motor. Unfortunately many of these are questionable looking like the EEB. But you can search for "electric bike frame" or "ebike frame kit" and see what's out there.
They are very few that are good rides, and certainly not Chinese.

I still build on the stiffest DH frames and make custom dropout plates. Sure not for the box frame crowd. After building a dozen, my 2 best frames to date are the Santacruz V10 MK1 and the Trek Session 10.

thumb-960x540-3f510550e9026cb9610fa541bace7bc7.JPG

pbpic3525820.jpg

flat tire said:

Sorry..whats is EEB?

Back