Top Speed on Chinese kickboard?

themyst

1 mW
Hi, I purchased a 60V 3200W kickboard from Alibaba (Puai T11B) which isn't doing the advertised speeds.

Specs are:
Dual motor brushless 1600W x2
60V 33.8Ah Li-ion battery
35A controllers x2
88lb net weight

On a long flat stretch, the best I could get this to is around 41 MPH (66 KMH).

With these specs, I would imagine it should be capable of pushing at least 50 MPH (80 KMH), but it doesn't seem to be the case. Based on these specs, what would you suspect to be the problem? If the battery can support being drained 70A combined, it should make around 4200W peak power. Would the controllers be the bottleneck in this situation?

I'm an average sized male, 177 lbs (79Kg +/-)

I forgot to mention, the advertised max speed is 90 KMH according to the seller.

You have to understand that when these manufacturers/sellers advertise the specs of these machines, they are simply telling you what the machine is actually capable of doing. But that would more likely be the case with no one on board, no wind, no terrain etc.
But yes I agree with the reason you would probably feel quite frustrated or annoyed as these people arnt exactly being very transparent about the reasons they advertise their machines being able to do those speeds.

Ultimately in the real world it all depends on the riders weight, the terrain, weather conditions ie wind blowing against you, and gradients.

I hope this helps.

Paul.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

paul fortman said:
You have to understand that when these manufacturers/sellers advertise the specs of these machines, they are simply telling you what the machine is actually capable of doing. But that would more likely be the case with no one on board, no wind, no terrain etc.
But yes I agree with the reason you would probably feel quite frustrated or annoyed as these people arnt exactly being very transparent about the reasons they advertise their machines being able to do those speeds.

Ultimately in the real world it all depends on the riders weight, the terrain, weather conditions ie wind blowing against you, and gradients.

I hope this helps.

Paul.

Thanks for replying! I would still think dual motors drawing 70 amps total from the battery should be able to attain something even remotely close to the advertised speeds; I see there is an American reseller called NANROBOT that is selling the exact same scooter (specs or otherwise) as the RS4.

My question is if a kickboard with these figures (i actually took the deck apart to look at the controllers used) would be capable of such speeds on paper?

themyst said:
paul fortman said:

I hope this helps.

Paul.

Thanks for replying! I would still think dual motors drawing 70 amps total from the battery should be able to attain something even remotely close to the advertised speeds; I see there is an American reseller called NANROBOT that is selling the exact same scooter (specs or otherwise) as the RS4.

My question is if a kickboard with these figures (i actually took the deck apart to look at the controllers used) would be capable of such speeds on paper?
The problem is you never really know exactly what you're buying from China. Its always a gamble.

Yea you can't believe the specs it just doesn't matter Chinese is ALWAYS cheaper and how does that show? In performance. Like they say you can only check so many at a time speed, acceleration, cheap, reliable. If you don't mind me asking on forums behalf what did you pay.

themyst said:
I would still think dual motors drawing 70 amps total from the battery should be able to attain something even remotely close to the advertised speeds;

60V times 70A is about 4200W of electrical power. At 80% efficiency, that's about 3300W mechanical under near-ideal conditions. For an average sized person on a normal upright-seated bicycle, 3300W will result in about 43mph. That presumes a perfect match between the motor's maximum output power and the road speed corresponding to that much power.

I think you're getting every bit as much speed from your board as the electrical system is reasonably capable of providing.

Fastassmotors said:
Yea you can't believe the specs it just doesn't matter Chinese is ALWAYS cheaper and how does that show? In performance. Like they say you can only check so many at a time speed, acceleration, cheap, reliable. If you don't mind me asking on forums behalf what did you pay.

$1050, plus about $260 shipping.

themyst said:
Fastassmotors said:

$1050, plus about $260 shipping.

Woooow :oops:

Back