• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

troubleshoot my setup

atom1025

100 W
Mac 10
infinion 12 fet 4110
15slipo 8000 mah nanos(protected by methods)
CA-DP

Hooked up all connections.

Voltage from batt output is 59.4

Plugged in. No display on ca not even a flicker.No voltage measured cross ca plug or throttle.

Unplugged. Scratched head. Yelled at it. Checked over all connections measured voltages. Tried again and nothing.

The capacitor in the esc is charged to 58v after being disconnected for 5 minutes. Think that's normal but trying to include any info.

So whats the next step fellas.

Dammit to hell. With no batt connected I was probing stuff in the controller and apparently the voltage left in the capacitor from twenty minutes ago was enough power to cause a zap/spark. From a cap to the trace I think.

So whats the prognosis, did I just toss $100?

Buy a new one? Damn this shits starting to remind me of the rc days....

I have a crystalite 72v 35amp but there is no ca plug else I'd try it.

I was curious what that was for.

I assume I make a jumper?

That was it. Ca lites up now. Have not tested the motor yet. Hopefully that spark did not kill anything.

Thanks very much!

Motor no go. Hoping its the throttle. The diagram I found shows infineon controller as

Red= 5v
Black=ground
Green=signal

Black is ground for sure. I am measuring 5v when I test ground to green and 5v when testing ground to red. Is this normal?

Damn I hope I did not ruin this thing with that zap.

Got the motor spinning with the zannx throttle. Its half twist with 3 speed switch.

Im trying to get my thumb throttle to work. Its 3 wires only. No three speed switch or fancy bells and whistles. The zannx did not work till I plugged in the 3speed/regen connector.

How do I use my thumb throttle?

EDIT TO ADD:

So turns out that the single three lead plug(green red black wires) coming from infineon is not the throttle! its the frickin three speed switch. The five lead plug houses the throttle(also green red black wires) and regen(black and green wires) wires.

Bumpity bump.

Really would like to get this throttle working. Anyone know what its going to take? I'm not finding much in the searches.

To sum it up I want a thumb throttle(EMAXI) to run on the infineon. Its not working and I believe it has something to do with needing a three speed switch. The throttle that came with the kit works but only when the 3 speed switch is plugged in.

I don't have a stand alone 3speed switch. I can't use the half twist so the thumb throttle is it.

If I purchase a stand alone 3 speed will it fix this?

I'll try again. Maybe I'm not wording this correctly.

Will the infineon work with the emaxi throttle I have? Its just a simple thumb throttle with three leads. Red=5v Black=ground Brown=signal. Throttle was functioning when removed from other bike.

It does nothing when hooked up.

My gut tells me it has something to do with the 3speed/regen function. Any ideas?

I'm gonna try and plug in the emaxi throttle connector to the esc. Then plug in the 3speed/regen connector from the zannx throttle to the esc.

If this works I will simply hack the 3speed switch/harness from the zannx throttle and out it back with the esc.

EDIT TO ADD:

Upon opening the zanxx throttle it became apparent i had the 3 speed switch and throttle wires mixed up.

Everything is up and running well. The CA is giving me grief.

I can't seem to get the speedometer reading properly. I had to turn the wheel circumference down to 0600 so it would match actual speed. At wot sometimes the speed reading starts freaking out

I need an easy button here guys. Even a link would help. I can't seem to find anything with this search engine.

What settings should my CA have. Do I need to tune my feedback.

Mac 10t
15s Nano 8 ah
Infineon 12 fet

EDIT TO ADD:

So turns out because of the freewheel and gear reduction speedometer is weird. so you have to go into the advanced menu of the CA go to pole count and set it to 80. It reads but only when throttle is applied. It also starts getting wonky after 28mph.

Set pole count to 80 and speed seems to read correctly now but as soon as I hit 28mph it wigs out.

Searching for this info is a pain. Be nice if someone started a sticky.

Also I notice a pulsating throttle when accelerating. Am I correct to assume this is from the current limiting? Its set at 30 amps.

Another notice is the infineon is super hot after a 30min bashing. My crystalite 72v35a would be barely warm after a similiar bashing.

Adam

atom1025 said:
Set pole count to 80 and speed seems to read correctly now but as soon as I hit 28mph it wigs out.

Searching for this info is a pain. Be nice if someone started a sticky.

Also I notice a pulsating throttle when accelerating. Am I correct to assume this is from the current limiting? Its set at 30 amps.

Another notice is the infineon is super hot after a 30min bashing. My crystalite 72v35a would be barely warm after a similiar bashing.

Adam
I think the speedo problem is an incompatibility between using a CA-DP and a geared motor. Since the motor can freewheel the magnets stop moving. I think you have to have the external sensor type reading a magnet on the wheel.

Don't know about your other issues though.

Gary

Motor spinning too fast for the controller to keep up? Seems like there were some other threads about this problem with gearmotors.

[/quote]
I think the speedo problem is an incompatibility between using a CA-DP and a geared motor. Since the motor can freewheel the magnets stop moving. I think you have to have the external sensor type reading a magnet on the wheel.

Don't know about your other issues though.

Gary[/quote]

Ok that makes total sense. I was wondering why the speedometer stopped reading when I kill throttle.

This is my first go round with hub motors and also my first experience with Cycle Analyst. Kinda bummed I have to put my cateye bike computer on as I was enjoying the uncluttered bars.

The MAC 10 on 15s Lipo is better then I expected! Same speed as my other bike but the torque is amazing! Really gotta hold on and it pulls wheelies! I'm guessing she tops out at around 30-32 but will confirm on the cateye.

Hope to have pics soon.

Adam

Was able to take her for another spin today and paid close attention to the watts. There's a big difference compared to my other bike. My other bikes part list can be seen in my sig. So first off the mac 10 yanks some watts when accelerating. Seen 2k a few times. My chain drive only hit 1300w when accelerating. However once at cruise the mac really shined at 25mph only sipping 700 watts or so. The chain drive ate 1000 minimum when at cruise.

So from 25 to 30 it seems to take forever to get there and eats the watts all the way there. In fact I never got to top speed in the track I was riding on as it was to short. It hit 31 and was still climbing before I had to brake. Prolly the current limiting.

So I have concluded the 12 fet 4110 infinion is not happy running this power. Its 130f at least on the case after a twenty minute slow then go around the oval track.

I think it would be wise to upgrade instead of limit as the motor seems happy.

I dunno I'm loving the bike but I am still not settled in yet. Open to suggestions, opinions, cursings whatever. I know no pics yet but my smart phone is stupid need to steal the wifes iphone and see if that works.

Back