TSDZ2 36v 250w 6 pins vlcd5 works only at 1 power assist level

rogerleurs

10 µW
I have a problem with 1 of 2 bikes i have build with a TSDZ2 36v 250w 6pins VLCD5

1 When i power on the bike I do have pedal assistance but only at 1 power assist level. It makes no difference which position the power assist level is in (1,2,3,4 and even off).
2 pedal assistance stops at 25 kmh. It is set up to work to 45 kmh and this earlier worked perfect.
3 When i disconnect the speed controller pedal assistance works to 45 kmh but only at 1 strengt (see 1.)
4 Torque sensor reads 92 without pressure
5 Torque sensor reads up to 160 with pedal pressure
6 Sometimes the motor works without problems for a short time, but 95% of the time does the problem exist.

I have asked the seller (PSWPOWER) and they advise to change the torque sensor. In my opinion the torque sensor works perfectly, Anyone seen this problem before? I have read a lot of articles but did not find the solution. Do you think i have to replace the controller or the display?

I hope anyone can help me, the only other choise i have is to change parts from one bike to the other but that is a lot of work, ik have build all the cables in the frames. Thank you in advance!

rogerleurs said:
I have a problem with 1 of 2 bikes i have build with a TSDZ2 36v 250w 6pins VLCD5....
I presume everything is stock.
Which torque values you have on the other bike?

Do you mean with "speed controller pedal assistance" the speed sensor?
I ask, because the PAS sensor is on the controller board, inside the motor.
So you have to open the motor first.
If you mean the speed sensor, I advice to measure the distance between spoke magnet and sensor. This must be 10mm or more.

Thanks for your quick reaction,

* Everything is stock
* The torque values of the other bike are similar (89 vs 92 without force and up to 160 with force on the pedals)
* By speed controller pedal assistance i mean the speed sensor
* i have checked the distance between spoke magnet and sensor, i'm familiar with problems with the speed sensor distance.
* Ik have opened the motor and removed the torque sensor and can't see anything obvious.

rogerleurs said:
* Everything is stock
* The torque values of the other bike are similar (89 vs 92 without force and up to 160 with force on the pedals)
* Ik have opened the motor and removed the torque sensor and can't see anything obvious.
That was expected if you measure almost the same values on both engines.
If you think the distance isn't the cause, there is just one sensor you can determine.
That is the PAS sensor, but if this doesn't work, the motor won't run.

You know you must always start the motor without foot on the pedal?
If you have a foot there, the torque range will very small and you got little support
This because the "zero" value will be higher by your foot

I know that i have tot start the motor without pressure on the pedal.

Both bikes have 5000km+ and we are familiar with the TSDZ2.

The only thing i can try is to change parts from one bike to the other one. Would you start with the controler?
Do you agree that my problem isn't the torque sensor?

rogerleurs said:
Do you agree that my problem isn't the torque sensor?
It looks that way, but I can't be sure 100%. There could be a bad connection when rotating.
You are lucky with Vlcd5, which can measure the static torque values
But with stock firmware you you can't measure these while biking. Then you need OSF.
Your problem is a bit strange, because the supportlevels and speed are limited, not just one of it.
If it is possible to start without speedsensor, you get the highest support, so it is logical you can't choose another one.
Strange enough you can't choose too, with connected speedsensor.

If you want to try other parts, I should start with the speedsensor, that is the easiest part.
If your motor is open you can measure the PAS sensor too
Then you have done all sensors
halltesttsdz2b.jpg

rogerleurs said:
... I will try to exchange parts of the 2 bikes....
Succes...

I have one more suggestion about measuring the torquesensor.
Because I haven't a vlcd5 to test, so I don't know if possible, but maybe iyou can measure the dynamic torsion also with the hidden menu too when biking.

Thanks for your suggestion, i was able to measure the dynamic torsion from the hidden menu while I was cycling, i'm pretty sure my torquesensor is working just fine.

I have opened my vlcd5 because i was going to swap the inside of the screen with the other bike. I saw, however, after opening the screen, that I had to unsolder a lot of wires for this.

So I closed the screen again and put the screws back in.

Miraculously, this solved the problem. I reconnected the speed sensor and for now everything is working perfectly again. I've been using the bike for 2 days now without any problems, hopefully it stays that way.

Back