TSDZ2 Hidden menu/settings causes shutdown

I've previously posted on these forums regarding a probable faulty torque sensor, where pedal assist would not work, but walk mode worked fine. As suggested by some members here I opened the bike to inspect the torque sensor and test connections with a multimeter. I'm no expert, but as far as I could tell all of the tested connections were good (I dont know how to test the connection between the "ring" connected to the controller and the torque sensor itself).

However, when I connected the battery and tried to access the torque readings in the hidden menu (holding 'i'+power for 3 seconds, and pressing 'i' 4 times) the display simply shuts off.

There is no error message. Walk mode works, and the speed sensor works correctly too.

I'm pretty sure I have to buy new parts, but I dont know which, and at a certain point simply buying a new unit would be probably be both cheaper and easier...

I'm guessing that the controller is still functional because speed sensor data is transmitted correctly.

Using a multimeter, I can also see that there is continuity between the "ring" and the pin in which it connects to the controller.

I'm stuck here, unsure which connections to test and how to test them, so that I can find out which component needs replacing. Does anyone here have any knowledge on this issue? :unsure:

Last edited:
Back