TSDZ2 Motor Power issue

Metalkon

1 µW
Anyone have an idea on what might be happening with my Electric Bicycle?

Last year while riding my bike up a modest hill I suddenly felt like my motor lost almost all of it's power, afterwards I shut off the whole system by restarting the battery and it started working again... The main issue is that ever since this incident it's never felt like it runs at 100% power like it used to (now feels like 80-90%) and almost every time when I start up my bike it feels like i've got it at the lowest assist setting while it's actually on the highest setting (only getting maybe like 20% power) and I have usually to restart it a few times to get it running properly again (once had to restart it over a dozen times).

I asked about this last fall and got suggested to try out some open source firmware for the motor but I haven't messed around with it yet due to winter and snow (also not knowing how to update ebike firmware yet) but plan on giving that a try in the comings weeks this spring.

Motor: Tongsheng TSDZ2 (500W/48V)
Battery: EM3ev 48V (13S4P) Preditor L

(I do have a second motor that's used for spare parts which should have good internal parts)

Possibly the BMS is shutting down your battery pack if you are drawing too much current at once. And if the battery pack is out of balance, this can happen sooner than later. Prolonged charging in a safe place might help if that's the case. Prolonged means several days. I've done it for a week and seen improvements. Another possibility is you could have electrical contact problems somewhere in the wiring/connectors.

Back