Turnigy dlux HV 6s-12s 160 Amp esc

HumboldtRc

100 W
17981.jpg

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...160A_HV_Brushless_Speed_Controller_OPTO_.html

Turnigy® dlux ESCs have set a new bench mark in quality and performance. Each ESC uses a twin PCB design separating the motor power supply & MCU. This design allows for optimum component layout on each PCB and provides the ideal configuration for heat dissipation and thermal efficiency. Both PCBs are enclosed in a full aluminum heat sink casing to ensure maximum heat dispersion. All Turnigy dlux ESCs can be programmed via a programing card or by transmitter. Clear and easy to understand instructions are included.
Spec.
Max Cont Current: 160A
Max Burst Current: 180A
BEC: N/A 
LiPo: 6~12S
NiMH: 16~36cells
Weight: 157grams
Max RPM (2-pole): 200,000rpm
Size: 83 x 33 x 23mm
Motor Plug: Female 4mm bullet Connector
Battery Plug: Nil
Features: Spark Eliminator Lead with 2mm Plug
Features.
Extremely low internal resistance
Very low operation temperature
Over temperature protection
APEC MoSfets (Taiwain)
Programming Options.
Battery Type: 6S~12S
Forward/Reverse
Soft Start
LV Cut off Type (Ignore, Reduce Power, Stop Motor)
LV Cut off setting (2.5~3.5v in 0.1v increments)
Timing (Auto, Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very Hgh)
Switching (8,16kHz)
Factory Restore
Active RPM Control: On/Off (Governor Mode)
Default factory settings.
Brake: off
Battery: LiPo Auto Detect
Low Voltage: 3.2v (power down motor)
Timing: Auto
Frequency: 8KHz
Note: Programming box now available, check the related items below.

No current limiting, but it should work for some e-vehicle applications. I can't wait to try one!

If the RC current limiter works as planned....this controller will be a real option for affordable rc systems.
(if you have no opinons on the straight up reverse engineering of the CChv160 all the way down to the heat sinks :shock: )

Thud said:
If the RC current limiter works as planned....this controller will be a real option for affordable rc systems.
(if you have no opinons on the straight up reverse engineering of the CChv160 all the way down to the heat sinks :shock: )
Possibly, ..but have they managed to reverse -engineer the CC software which some have claimed is the "magic dust ". ??
However, it is good to have another HV ( 12s) ESC option at a reasonable price. :D

rodgah said:
I have one to test, Dont hold much hope of it being ok though, it gets pretty warm free running a 80-100.

[youtube]Prxfr69n3MY[/youtube]

i was also going to buy one for testing, but now i will wait for your results.

i would really like to know how the startup is.

Niels

no sorry,

bad time of year to get stuff laser cut it turns out :lol: . If you mean start up as in sync'ing as the motor starts to turn it 'sounds' like it takes about the same time as a castle under a no load situation. There is basically very little setup parameters.....very basic, though if used in conjunction with the CA-RC this is perfect. I will report back when i know more.

Rodger

I have built a little (BMX sized) bike with one of these and a SK3 6374 149kV motor for a local ev race and it worked fine. Doesn't get warm at all, but we're using a pretty small motor compared to the 80-100's. Still got me up to nearly 60km/h down the straight with a pretty stiff headwind. It seems to start up just fine but this is the first RC powered bike I've built so I don't have much to compare with, it's nowhere near as smooth as my previous DC setups but it worked far better than I expected. 8)

I used this ESC in two builds wired to an 80-100, I think it's really good for this motors too.
Only issue I had is a blown capacitor in the low voltage side, near the the linear voltage regulator (top right in this photo).

replacing this capacitor I solved the problem.

Back