Vector <-> Qulbix Comparison, technical and support-wise

notger

100 W
Hi, there

i just recently got this really nice Qulbix Frame.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86565

I just lack money and Time right now to finish, or even start the bike.
At the same Time I'm thinking about keeping the Frame for "later", instead of selling it off, and maybe buying it back for a quite higher Price later.

In the last Time i quite fell in Love with the Vector Frames. (also with their Prices).
Another thing i like about the Vector frame is the flexibility in Batteryboxwith from 127mm-170mm (cause i have some really weired battery sizes like 150mm witch just does not fit the Quilbix)

But reading that Story (wich i have a hard time to find my personal perspective on) https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=85372&hilit=vector+fire&start=100
let's me overthink trading a Qulbix for an Vector Frame.

So how are your opinions and "real-life" experiences on those two Frames ?
Whats actually the Weight difference of the 140 Quilbix and a bare Vector Frame ?
And is it anyway clear that a Vector made out of steel sheets is more steardy that the steel-profile Plastic covered Vectors ?
Does anyone know about Frame break on Vector of Qulbix ?
What would be yourt Choice ? keeping the Qulbix?, selloff and buy a Vector, or trading for an Vector Frame ?

I'd rather hear about technical arguments than the support Problems People had in the past, cause that can be read in the "Vector caught fire - thread", still if there are some major troubles people had with support, please share, but let's not get into gossiping or arguing here please.

greets and Thanks in advance.

Gernot

notger said:
Hi, there

i just recently got this really nice Qulbix Frame.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=86565

I just lack money and Time right now to finish, or even start the bike.
At the same Time I'm thinking about keeping the Frame for "later", instead of selling it off, and maybe buying it back for a quite higher Price later.

In the last Time i quite fell in Love with the Vector Frames. (also with their Prices).
Another thing i like about the Vector frame is the flexibility in Batteryboxwith from 127mm-170mm (cause i have some really weired battery sizes like 150mm witch just does not fit the Quilbix)

But reading that Story (wich i have a hard time to find my personal perspective on) https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=85372&hilit=vector+fire&start=100
let's me overthink trading a Qulbix for an Vector Frame.

So how are your opinions and "real-life" experiences on those two Frames ?
Whats actually the Weight difference of the 140 Quilbix and a bare Vector Frame ?
And is it anyway clear that a Vector made out of steel sheets is more steardy that the steel-profile Plastic covered Vectors ?
Does anyone know about Frame break on Vector of Qulbix ?
What would be yourt Choice ? keeping the Qulbix?, selloff and buy a Vector, or trading for an Vector Frame ?

I'd rather hear about technical arguments than the support Problems People had in the past, cause that can be read in the "Vector caught fire - thread", still if there are some major troubles people had with support, please share, but let's not get into gossiping or arguing here please.

greets and Thanks in advance.

Gernot

I think you didn't see this:

vectorIbike said:
We are in the process of concluding an agreement with Artur.
He has taken my remarks into account and is ready to reimburse me 3000 €uros, 50% of e-bike
This gesture is in agreement with my initial request and is satisfactory.

The reason of fire is unknown at the moment

Once this payment has been made we will do our utmost to find together the cause of this fire.

The complaint will be withdrawn and the prosecution abandoned.

I undertake to remove the photographs and text upon request.

so far I didn't receive the bike back..

Artur said:
I think you didn't see this:

Right, i did not, actually I'm not so interested in those customer, dealer/producer argueing that is sometimes going on in forums.
Still its a great public platform to talk about "fellings", not to be heared or understood.

So, sound like you and VectorIbik came to an solution, thats great (actually it sounds weired, that he is fine with your offered 50% if he does not feel responsible for the "accident", i would not be fine with such an offer)
I actually never doubted in the Service or Product from Vector, still i take criticism of madin88, ziltoid81 or some others in the other thread serious, you will understand i guess ?
I can also imagine that you might have/had a hard Time as Startup company financialwise, so 6000€ refund could be one welders Year wage in Ukraine i guess.

But now back to the technical side.

@Artur -> probably you know best about any of your Frames failing by breaking, bending, opening weldspots,....??? any troubles until now ?

and another Question to you Artur: what in you opinion makes Vector different (or maybe even) bettern than Qulbix or other Ebike Frames ? Or what was your Motivation to bring another Frame with different design on the Market ?

And probably its best to ask you about that too, what is the weight of an bare frame (with sidecovers, swinger,screws,..)

greets

Notger

Hey and whats actually going on with that Mid-Drive Plans ?

Artur said:
We will have another frame with what you want. Mid drive ;)

its from the "Vector bike and frame owners."

@Artur -> probably you know best about any of your Frames failing by breaking, bending, opening weldspots,....??? any troubles until now ?

stop right here ) if there is something wrong with ANY frame we take it back and return money or replace it. you might want to read feedback section on our website too. I know madin and ziltoid might not like me, but I try my best and we have over 500 clients so far all over the planet. I am trying to learn on mistakes if they were made in a past.
I dont like non tube skeleton frames, and this is the most important difference to raptor.. you won't find bmw, ducati, harley made out of steel plate. But everyone has own opinion.

new frame (smaller) will be ready in 2 weeks. and mid drive a bit after that one ;)

Artur said:
ame (smaller) will be ready in 2 weeks. and mid drive a bit after that one ;)

So i guess you wll update us on ES about that, will you publish some teaser-photos in the next Time ?.
And to my weight Question, what will your different Frames weight bare withour suspension, but with all the needed small parts?

Qulbix 140FK is 10,1 Kg the 76 is 7,6 Kg (on their website)

Notger

I like how the Qulbix bottom bracket is on the frame and not the swing arm. Then again, Stealth's F37 has the BB on the swing arm.

No chain growth issues that way, or pedal bob, though most with these bikes probably could leave the pedals off and wouldn't even notice they were missing. ;)

amberwolf said:
No chain growth issues that way, or pedal bob, though most with these bikes probably could leave the pedals off and wouldn't even notice they were missing. ;)

Very true... and easier to protect the chain stay.

I'm gonna wrap my Qulbix clone's chain stay with some spare tube.

Artur said:
Totally nailed it. :)

Hi, greats inputs, thanks.
Please Artur do not misunderstand me, i do not want to make pro or cons advertising here.
I actually just wanna collect riders experiences to find the best personal solution for myself (and maybe for some others too).

To point out, i really like the Vector concept from the first moment on, specially the big availeable room in the Frame, and sure the design.

I had a look again on the ground-BB clearance topic:
as an indicator how i like to ride i took my kona stinky DH, that is alread quite high compared to Mountainbikes.
vector-Kona-vergleich.jpg

Than compared Vector and Qulbix
vector-qulbix-vergleich.jpg

Or all three together
vector-qulbix-kona-vergleich.jpg

So i guess cause thats important to me i have to go with Qulbix, still waiting for the new Vector Frames, and their Ground clearance ?!?
I just feel saver and mor agile with having my feet nearer to the ground and not having to slide the seatpost out to far, in order to still be able to pedal along (sure those 8-15 KW Monster do not need Pedaling anymore)

Another important Topic, that came up for me is Fire-Safety:
Here in little Austria, the were two incitances just in my county, where two Houses burnt down totally by RC-Chargers, or actually LIPOS, Sure those people made mistakes, like not using LiPO-Bags, keeping them unobserved,.....

If i look at a LIPO-Fire in a Qulbix, its it's own Lipo-Bag, and might even burn down "peacfully" in my garage.
the whole video can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUC_05KmkU
burning-qulbix.jpg

Compared to a Lipo-fire in a Vector
I guess my garage would not exist anymore
burning-vector.jpg

So i actually never thought about that, but like some regualr ES-reader know burning-E-bikes are not unusual (specially setups that use RC-Lipos).
I feel prettx save in that way cause i anyway use Sony VTC 18650 cells, adn even with some crazy abuse i never got the to burn.

Might also be something to add to Vector-Lipo setups -> a frame Lipo-Bag !!!, might prevent a total damage (of the bike controller, or even the house/garage)

So, again, please do not understadn me wrong here, it's not about putting Vector down, its just about the benefits i personally found out oin Qulbix until now.

Thanks for your perspectives on that.

Notger

We won't make "lipo bags. We didn't have any trouble with bikes WE assemble. So no reason of doing this. If you planing from the begining to buy bike to hold the lipo fire - don't buy ebike. I can show you my 2 years old bike with lipos turning that is absolutely OK after couple of serious crashes.

About bb hight. I am rider myself, and if you are buying bike for real off road, you won't discuss anything after you saw how much higher bb of our frame is.. but if you are planning for riding in a city and pedaling, our light frame will be with much more city oriented sit position and lower bb.

What about our bikes, with 24"rim on front and 3"tyre, and 18"moto rim on back with 3" tyre, I can sit and touch the ground with both legs. I am 178cm. We use telescopic seat tubes to change on a go the high of the seat. This way it is comfortable to pedal in city and in no time you can drop it down and go off road.

At the end of the day it you to decide what to use :) if you want to have a test drive , send me your address in pm

Artur said:
I know madin and ziltoid might not like me,

Then you know not much.
I dont know you personally i just didnt like the way you handled your business with me.

@topic

In my opinion both frames does have disadvantages for a specific user.

I rode 10000km (and counting) with a qulbix 140.
It just rides perfect, the rear suspension works great, you dont need extra long seatposts to pedal comfortably.
But if you want to use small wheels and big chainrings the qulbix is the wrong frame.
The swingarm will limit your chainringsize because its in its way.

The vector\evelbike\enduro frame looks way better there, you can ride way smaller wheels and still use a big chainring to pedal up to high speed.
If you use a small chainring or footpegs this issue is not really there.

Also tinkering on the bike is pain in the ass with a qulbix.......once the frameopening is filled with the battery youre unable to reach anything.
I saw a naked vector frame and its much more open when all covers are gone.
You also will fit more cells in a vector, the frame opening on the qulbix is actually smaller than the covers.
The advantage is you can easily waterproof a qulbix,.......but again for some people its an advantage, for others not.
The closed box design as a batterybag is an argument too, if you want a closed frame, go with qulbix.

There is no perfect frame for everybody.

The first question i would ask is, small wheels or big wheels and do you want to pedal up to higher speeds or not.

Now the not so techical aspects. ........

The customer service is GREAT at QULBIX!!!!!!!!
I had an issue with my seat bracket and got simply a new one within a week without complaining and arguing like i experienced with Vector.(and simply no service in the end)

But maybe Artur learns and the service or let me say simply an existing warranty gets better........everybody makes mistakes.
I just want to be fair here, i made my experiences but again, its not that i hate Artur.
I just share my experiences.

Also consider the price......if theres no special offer from qulbix you get nearly 2 vectors for the price of one qulbix.

Back