Vlcd5 display setup issue

A9ballkid

1 µW
Hi...I posted on the Tongsheng thread but it doesn’t look to have any posts in months. I recently got my bike finished and I’ve got into the “hidden” setup menu to check/change a few of the parameters. It seemed like everything went fine and my test ride went well enough. I went down today and decided to recheck things and I ran into something very strange. All my changes were showing...ie, tire size, mph instead of kph, walking off, etc. I had turned the speed limit off. But... the Sd setting indicating max speed for assist is showing 0000 and although I’ve toggled through all the other settings and they’re all still adjusting fine, this setting doesn’t move when I press the +- buttons...it just stays on 0000. I can’t remember what I set it too...I’d think something like 25mph...but I don’t understand the 0000 on the display. I’ve searched the internet looking for a button press that possibly clears and resets to the factory settings but I haven’t found anything. I’m hoping someone might have a suggestion or two.

I'm only posting to correct the misinformation:

A9ballkid said:
Hi...I posted on the Tongsheng thread but it doesn’t look to have any posts in months.
I don't know what calendar you use, but in the only other thread you have posted to, there are posts there from today, yesterday, previous days of this week, etc etc. and even posts after yours.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&p=1556678#p1556678

So maybe you should try having some patience, and waiting more than an hour and a half before complaining with incorrect information, in a new thread. :roll: Maybe someone will reply to you with helpful information once they have time, rather than on your schedule.

For reference:

Your other post:
May 18 2020 8:34am
A9ballkid said:
Hello,
I just recently finished an install of a 52v 750w TSDZ2 and everything seemed to be fine. I watched a short video on setting the initial parameters of the original software on the vlcd5 display. Of course that took a couple tries and timed out on me once or twice but once I got the hang of it I stepped through the parameters fairly easily. Being in the USA I needed to set the speed/odometer to mph. I have 650b tires so I set the wheel size to 27 as maybe the best option. Turned off walk assist and speed limit and left the amps set to 16. I decided to go down and double check the settings and when I step through to “S” my display is reading 0000 and toggling the +- buttons has no effect. It seemed like when I first went through the setup there were numbers there...and I’d like it to be more like 25mph but I don’t understand why it’s showing 0000 now. I’ve gone in and out of the setup menu multiple times and I’ve toggled a bunch of the other settings just to make sure they’re not froze on original settings and I was able to turn walk assist on and off and toggle through wheel size etc. hope someone here can tell me what’s going on.

your new post (this thread)
May 18 2020 10:05am
A9ballkid said:
Hi...I posted on the Tongsheng thread but it doesn’t look to have any posts in months. I recently got my bike finished and I’ve got into the “hidden” setup menu to check/change a few of the parameters. It seemed like everything went fine and my test ride went well enough. I went down today and decided to recheck things and I ran into something very strange. All my changes were showing...ie, tire size, mph instead of kph, walking off, etc. I had turned the speed limit off. But... the Sd setting indicating max speed for assist is showing 0000 and although I’ve toggled through all the other settings and they’re all still adjusting fine, this setting doesn’t move when I press the +- buttons...it just stays on 0000. I can’t remember what I set it too...I’d think something like 25mph...but I don’t understand the 0000 on the display. I’ve searched the internet looking for a button press that possibly clears and resets to the factory settings but I haven’t found anything. I’m hoping someone might have a suggestion or two.

Back