• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Want to upgrade my controllers and display

Blue408

1 µW
I have a tif Gallup k8 scooter, 60v 45amp controllers and 3000w motors. I want to have some 52-53amp controllers made. What's a good company to have this done at?

Usually you would just buy a pair of programmable controllers off the shelf with a higher max battery amps, like two PhaseRunner controllers from Grin, then program them to have a lower max amps at 53 amps at the same time you auto tune each to each of the motors, then just wire them both to the same throttle. Making controllers isn't really a thing, unless you are talking about contacting some ODM for thousands of dollars for a prototype.

Okay thanks, I don't have alot of experience to do all that I was looking more of a plug and play kinda thing. My buddy had Ordoospeed build him 2 50amp controllers and throttle and display for like $280 i just didn't know if there were other companies doing this do to haven't got a email back from them in a few weeks

Thanks I got a set of 50amp controllers and display coming from a place called ordoo . So I'm going from 45amp controllers to 50amp do you think that will be a noticeable difference?

Thanks I got a set of 50amp controllers and display coming from a place called ordoo . So I'm going from 45amp controllers to 50amp do you think that will be a noticeable difference?
It should definitely be a difference but probably not by to much depends really the quality of the controller or Controllers you are getting detailed specs etc. but either way should help keep the motors cooler longer and give a little more performance. Better to spend a little more on high end ones to really get the full max potential out of your ride like Tronic controllers, YYK controller’s etc.. but you can also replace the hub motors with aftermarket modified ones like 2500x2500 or 3500x3500 watts each motor just make sure they match your battery and controller as well so if 72v go for these. Falconpev.com is very good for modifications and customizations. YYK controllers and different add ons and hub motors.

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpeg
    IMG_4879.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 5
It should definitely be a difference but probably not by to much depends really the quality of the controller or Controllers you are getting detailed specs etc. but either way should help keep the motors cooler longer and give a little more performance. Better to spend a little more on high end ones to really get the full max potential out of your ride like Tronic controllers, YYK controller’s etc.. but you can also replace the hub motors with aftermarket modified ones like 2500x2500 or 3500x3500 watts each motor just make sure they match your battery and controller as well so if 72v go for these. Falconpev.com is very good for modifications and customizations. YYK controllers and different add ons and hub motors.
Thank for taking the time to Educate me a little on this, I'm kinda new to the scooters. I have some ebikes but never did much other then the shunt mod to my wired. The scooter has dual 3000w motors now and 12x4.5 tires and does 53 stock. I can hang with my buddy wolf king GTR pretty good but up top he pulls away so hopefully I will get a little more tq w the new controllers. I know I never will have much more top speed only being 60v but hopefully get alitte more mid range

Back