WantTeslaModel 3($35k base price)USA reserveASAP=BestDeal!

Dauntless said:
Did you see the news coverage? Lines like that everywhere. Was there 100,000 orders nationwide? ($100 million in deposits?) What's the rush? 2-3 years before it comes anyway, wait for the weekend.

They had 115,000 deposits before showing the car!
$4+ billion in sales!

And after showing it that number is growing fast!

Arlo1 said:
Simply waiting a day will add as much as 1 year to your wait!

Yeah, maybe you're right. But then that might be when it finally works, as seen with the Tesla and the S.

Arlo1 said:
Dauntless said:
Did you see the news coverage? Lines like that everywhere. Was there 100,000 orders nationwide? ($100 million in deposits?) What's the rush? 2-3 years before it comes anyway, wait for the weekend.

They had 115,000 deposits before showing the car!
$4+ billion in sales!

And after showing it that number is growing fast!

My point is look at all the interest free R&D money to finish developing the car. So many times in the past people try to use deposits just to get the manufacturing going, which proves a bust.

It's just the kind of moment that illustrates a real phenomenon.

[youtube]d1pd_dCkOFA[/youtube]

Yup. I hope Mr Lutz chokes on it.

Attachments

• 12928141_10100701171879818_2435200714400843110_n.jpg
    12928141_10100701171879818_2435200714400843110_n.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,878
IMG_5907.jpg

At 180k pre orders in 24 hours and over 200k pre-orders now. They are taking about 10k orders per hour!!!!

No need to pick on Lutz, he's got electrics of his own.

200,000+ orders means $200.000,000 in deposits. Shouldn't need government backed loans, anyway.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/01/luxury/tesla-model-3/index.html

Got news for some of you whining about “subsidies” - it happens all the time. And in ways most of us have never dreamed of.

So, if some of my tax money can “openly” go towards the goal of ridding our roads from heat & poison spewing machinery instead of supporting a secretive industrial military complex, bailing out airlines or failed auto manufacturers, to name a few, I’m all in….

Put our order sat morning probably, three years till I get it, but that gives me time to save money and my batteries will probably be better than those delivered in the first cars! I wonder how long before I have to choose options, that will have quite an effect on your delivery position, with tesla sarting production of the highly optioned vehicles first.

Oldest trick on the "Car Salesmans Guidebook"....
Having only the top spec / high dollar, options on the vehicles available in the showroom.!
" Im afraid your standard spec , "shopper". model will have to be custom assembled at the factory sir...and take 3 months " !

325k preorders...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-model3-orders-idUSKCN0X41ZJ

Ykick said:
325k preorders...

I wonder how much is speculation. At 5% interest that's $50/yr. on $1000, so not a huge risk.

No Tesla stores in NZ but announced they're coming here as part of the launch, placed my order shortly after web sales opened. No idea what that might equate to delivery date wise but excited nonetheless! At current interest rates I can buy a fully loaded model 3 and reduce my costs compared to fueling current vehicle, no brainer.

gogo said:
Ykick said:
325k preorders...

I wonder how much is speculation. At 5% interest that's $50/yr. on $1000, so not a huge risk.

Saw an interesting estimate that if you bought $1000 Tesla stock 2014 it would've earned $200 over the last 2 years. Of course, stock's non-refundable.

Good for Tesla and good for US. We need fewer gasoline/diesel vehicles IMO.

Just read where Koch Bros and all big oil is gearing up to fight alt energy and especially EV's. In their presentation to the press, they never mention clean environment, and all aspects of contamination from fossil fuels. Just crying about "unfair subsidies" to alt energy. :lol:

Harold in CR said:
Just read where Koch Bros and all big oil is gearing up to fight alt energy and especially EV's. In their presentation to the press, they never mention clean environment, and all aspects of contamination from fossil fuels. Just crying about "unfair subsidies" to alt energy. :lol:

Is there any surprise why $2/gallon gasoline/poison? I wonder how much good, breathable Air does that gallon need to burn in order to push our SUV's around?

Ykick said:
Harold in CR said:

Is there any surprise why $2/gallon gasoline/poison? I wonder how much good, breathable Air does that gallon need to burn in order to push our SUV's around?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoichiometry#Stoichiometric_air-to-fuel_ratios_of_common_fuels

Ykick said:
Got news for some of you whining about “subsidies” - it happens all the time. And in ways most of us have never dreamed of.

So, if some of my tax money can “openly” go towards the goal of ridding our roads from heat & poison spewing machinery instead of supporting a secretive industrial military complex, bailing out airlines or failed auto manufacturers, to name a few, I’m all in….
Agreed! It would be better if there weren't any subsidies at all .

Back