Well just received my new Phantom X after a six month wait.

rotorwash777

1 µW
Well just received my new Phantom X after a six month wait. Great bike in performance, just went for a 10 mile ride. However, did have a few problems. When unpacking the bike I found the rear battery rack bent down. This was the rear 1/3 of the rack. Did the best on bending it back, but makes the battery very hard to slip on and off even after some lube. No damage to the shipping box and it was packed very well and never opened after shipping from Prodeco; purchased from Champion Electric Bicycles. Looks like damage was done when packing by Prodeco; no way for it to happen any other way. The second problem is that the handle battery change indicator has a constant yellow low light and a red light. Even when the battery is charged full and indicates this with a green light on the 110 charger. Anyone else have this problem or is it normal? Third and last problem is the manual is not for the Phantom X, its for a differtent Prodeco model. I would think that they would develop the manual at the same time the bike was in prototype and then send out a revision once the bugs are out to warranty registered owners. Having been in aviation a long time this is how it should be done. The manual they sent is not even close to a Phanton X.....go figure! Sent and email with photos to Prodeco and will see what happens.

(moderator edit: moved this new review out of someone else's review
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33928
to it's own thread)

Thanks please let us know if Prodeco or Champion takes care of things.

Just received my Phantox X. Same problem with the battery rail bent 1/3 from the back. I believe the battery moving within the large box bent the rail. I'll post with more info once prodeco responds to my email.

This is normal for the battery level indicator lights to all be on and then have the upper green light go out first etc as the battery reserve decreases. The manual for the Storm covers most everything that is needed for the Phantom X except the differences in the motor and battery size. I thought they were including a supplement for that. Car manufactures do the same thing. My 06 E320 CDI came with the same manual as the gas E320 version but had a supplemental book to cover the specific diesel differences. The important thing is most everything you need to know regarding adjustments, setup and maintenance should be covered and the registration for warranty is included. Your dealer (Champion Bikes) should be contacted so they can send you out a new battery rack. I have my bikes shipped freight to me so they are on a pallet and stay upright so less chance of shipping damage.My own personal experience after riding this bike every day for the last 10 days is it is a very well built, smooth and powerful electric bike. I have tried every electric bike sold in Santa Barbara (at the Earth day festival) and I like the Phantom X overall compared to the others and most are selling for significantly more. The only bike that came close in my opinion is the Hebb electroglide 700 but it is priced almost double what the Phantom X is and the Hebb's brakes aren't nearly as good, smaller battery, and smaller motor. Speaking of brakes I has never ridden a bike with such good brakes as the Phantom X, quiet, incredible stopping power,smooth, easy adjustments if needed and they look good.

:?: I called Prodeco asking if I buy this bike do they recommend a BMS. The guy asked what that was and then told me that it's not needed something about the bike will cut off if the cells get to low and blah blah about the smart charger I'm so lost I would like to take care of the battery but can't seem to find a BMS for a 32cell battery nor do I know how to use one. It seems like everyone else on here buying these bikes are not worried about this. I'm just a stupid noob that would love to get anything close to 2000 cycles from my battery. Can this easily be done with only a stock bike like Prodeco told me on the phone. Please any advice welcome

6 months? I almost ordered one back in May. Ended up with the iZip Zuma instead because the Phantom X was on back order.

Glad I didn't order one. I've already saved $2,400 vs taking a taxi in the past 6 months.

Taxi $30 round trip, 5 days a week, 6 months= $3,900
iZip Zuma= $1,500

Not waiting for a taxi to arrive= priceless

Tuxman - I followed your post "(iZip Zuma) vs (Pedego Cruiser) vs (Prodeco Phantom X)" back when it was still live and I was curious how you feel about the Zuma now that you have had it for a while?

emerald_phoenix said:
Tuxman - I followed your post "(iZip Zuma) vs (Pedego Cruiser) vs (Prodeco Phantom X)" back when it was still live and I was curious how you feel about the Zuma now that you have had it for a while?

Ok, but rather than hijack this thread, I'll post an update over there instead.

Not sure who you spoke with but prodeco batteries do have the BMS, that was the last item that held up delivery as they were held up in customs so all you need to do is keep the battery charged up and don't let it sit all winter without putting the charger on it every month or so and yo will be fine, they come with a full 2 year non prorated warranty so if it fails in the 23rd month you will get a new battery

Cmugler I really hope your right but I don't know it's not on the website.

Steve from the Prodeco T :D ech Department contacted me and a new rear rack slider and throttle assembly is on the way. I have to take my hat off to the Prodeco people they not only make a great bike, but their customer service is top of the line!

Back