What about this for my e-bike

The batteries are 32 cm long but how long is your top tube and your down tube? On my hardtail they are both 50+ cm / 20 inches. So you'd think that (white) bike would have enough room. Could you then mount half the batts along the top tube and the other half along the down tube?

Almost, yes

32 cm, plus once you add a bit for the wiring, and 2 or 4 tppacks LVC/HVC parallel boards the whole battery pack gets a bit bigger

For single or a pair of batteries, yes 32 , so once yo add a bit for the wiring and make up a case/holder I have been seeing about 35cm,

Looking at the pic of the white frame, I may get a pack of 4 under the cross bar, but what may end up being the problem is the width and depth of the pack. A single battery length of even 35 cm will fit, but once 4 of them get strapped together, down that low, it either becomes too wide to allow pedals to turn or th eheight of the pack is too great at the front.

I collected another Trek Frame yesterday, and can go and get the white one tomorrow and I then have two days off work Wed and THursday, so will see what I can do.

Bought this one today...£200 ($325 USD) second hand. big frame 22 inch or so XL so batts will fit. Decided to get local sheet metal place to fabricate me a Stainless steel box, so made wooden mock up of batteries.
Am getting a full stainless steel box made to fill the triangle, with one side removable...full side or maybe a opening door/flap. Will put all electrics inside...worried about heating though...will controller get too hot? maybe have to add cooling after or move controller outside

18032011007.jpg

18032011008.jpg

Put then in the front, it will keep the original balance of the bike. I know that it is not popular here to do so, but I did, and will do it again on my next built cause it handles really nice. The bike still jumps in balance, I have nothing bothering my knees or legs pedaling, and I only feel the weight of the batteries when handling it walking aside.

imag0145hf.jpg

Now, the soft rear bag hides the 24fet controller bolted on the rear rack. The ridgid front bag is mounted on the steering tube and fork tubes with 3 U-bolts on rubber spacers, it holds 20 pounds of Lipo very safely.

Too late already sent the frame to the sheet metal fabricators to have the box made up.

But are your batteries in a solid box or just a canvas sack? if a sack what is it? Custom made or something off the shelf?
I would need a bag of internal dimensions of at least 7 by 5 by 16 inches. I cant just pop in to a local store here and see what is on offer, there are no stores locally, so need to get off the islands here and go to England or France to find suitable stores, so once you take flights, car hire , hotels etc in to account, it is not.

So where did you get your bag?

The battery bag is an Arkel, solid PVC box and alu frame inside, modified U-bolts mount. It can fit 12 bricks of 6s 5800mah Lipo.
http://www.arkel.ca/ca_f/all-categories/handlebar-bag.html

I have other bags for batteries but they are not available anymore: One is a Topeak Transformer bag, the other a Knog Courrier. They are mod with box and frame, the Transformer holds 8 bricks, the courrier 12.

Back