what are the signs of an unstable li-on battery?

999zip999 said:
In my mind I"m taking credit. Does your charger have a trim pot oh can you open up your charger first ?

What?.....

I guess I could open up the spare. Or do you mean the one that blew?

999zip999 said:
You get a new charger is this right ? Reread post and .

Well....I've ordered a new charger (should be coming soon). For now, I'm using a spare one that came with the battery.

I just received the new charger. Tested its voltage and polarity. I think it read 54.8v. And I tested it on my near full battery (with my spare charger, it stops charging at 53.4v). I left the house on 54.1v (only because I didn't want to wait for a full charge)

And I noticed that the charging connection seems a lot more solid than with my spare charger. I was able move, swivel and twist the lead (on the battery end) without interruption. I'll check that again next chance I get but I think it might the connector on the spare charger. I've only noticed it using the spare. I also noticed that the spare charger has a slightly loose fit. It seems to slide out quite easilty.

And lastly, my battery hasn't had any issues with the connection dropping out since my last change of connectors. I think that the bullet connectors I was using were a bit flakey. I have spade connectors now and th there has been no re-occurance since then.

Alright, final update on this.

My new charger is fully charging to 54.7 volts. No issues with the charging connector and no more battery connection issues.

This has been a good learning thread for me. Thanks guys for shedding some light. I now know how to check cell balance easily(ish). Which I sense is going to come in handy in the future.

Back