What charger for bulk charging?

neptronix said:
11S would be pretty weird to charge.

Start out with the basic iCharger 106 or 1010b+ setup, and get yourself a bulk charger later on.
Not really. I use 11s, because of my "boned" 6s packs that are now 5s and it works out great for me, because 11s lipo is damn close enough to 12s lifepo4 and so now I have one charger and 2 different chemistry packs. 8) 8) 8) 8)
I also have a hyperion charger that can do 14s for balance charging..LOL.

The hyperion just allows you to do 14s balance charge and I think something like a 20 amp charge with the right dc power supply of course. There is a thread on it.. 8) 8) 8)

cwah said:
What's so special about the hyperion? i'll have a 15s or 20s pack and I'll still have problem charging that. :?:
I'm thinking of buying a second 1420i. I'm told you can link them and charge up to a 28s pack is series.

Allex said:
Foret iCharger
Buy this one instead, much better solution and almost for the same prise
I wanted to buy an iCharger 1010b+ but went with this EOS instead!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYPERION-EOS-1420i-NET3-CHARGER-1S-14S-20A-MAX-550W-/290653635917?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ac4e854d

That's a really good price on one of those.

I'd have a hyperion, but it just doesn't have all the options as the iCharger. I think you can't calibrate it as well, and some do occasionally come in poor calibration. ( li-ghtcycle had this problem ). They have a good reliability record other than that.

For 12S-14S, definitely forget the iCharger. The less serial /parallel connections, the better. But if you want 10S, iCharger is best for balancing ;)

FMA chargers may be worth looking into as well, but going off the manual, they seem like the least user friendly and they only do 10S.. :/

Back