• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

What did you do to your ebike today?

iovaykind

10 kW
As many forums have this kind of topic thread, I thought I'd start one here (presumably we don't have one, I haven't seen one at least)

Post what you did to your ebike today!

I'll start:

Today, I upgraded from 20s lipo to 24s lipo, just joined the 100v club on my Hua Tong Controller! :D

Also, I pre-assembled a build I'm working on for a daily commuter. Schwinn full suspension, with XCM 100mm travel fork. Wheel base is longer than my current commuter bike, and the riding position is much more relaxed like a cruiser.

Stared at it thinking about how cool it will be to ride once it's above 20F outside... :)
Tried to find out how to fit a thicker rear tire on the back.

I cleaned it.
Damnit, I ride in the snow and slush, and there are 6 in thick on the streets today.
It was one of those funny drifting commute.

Tomorrow, I'll visit a new frame to build. A good deal that might make me change my plans for next spring.

Unpacked a neat little package from cell_man with my first ever purchased hubmotor with controller this morning. Now sitting at work just wanting to get home and build that thing! No polarbears on the street as of yet, so the roads should be pretty safe.

Wick said:
...No polarbears on the street as of yet, so the roads should be pretty safe.
Ah !
You have polar bears :D
I was wondering where they were all going :mrgreen:

Snowing like crazy here in Chicago so I couldnt ride to work today.. well I could have but It would have been difficult and risky. My bike will be sitting in the garage for a few days.

Working on a fork upgrade. Stopped for now by lack of a star nut in the new fork.

not today, but installed a waterproof led voltage display on my handlebar.
what a cheap and great fuel/sag gauge!

Continued making a batch of 20 more drive units so others can share the lightweight ebike egrin. :D

wrote a 'deceipher signed decimal number input' routine, am adding setup menu to my controller for maximum current ratings, later will do some main loop code optimisations.

basically I'm putting lipstick on the pig :mrgreen:

Did my mundane 6 miles of hill climbs (6 up 4% and down against the brakes for resistance). Knees hurt as usual! Gotta replace the disc pads every 2 months! Temp was 60 Degrees F. My wife and I do 20 miles on Sat and Sun for distance.
otherDoc

Checked tire pressure.

Designed and made some of the components for the chain tensioner on my new build.

I charged up the batts and rode to werq in the 33 Deg F weather. No wind today so an easy quick ride. Snow on Sunday I will ride anyway as I gave my car to my brother so do not have one that runs. I have to put some new disk pads on soon maybe later today if I am lucky.

Rode the bike to work and then to assist a motorist broke down in the traffic lane with a cop behind her directing traffic. Park on the sidewalk or pavement as some would call it, and the cop is right there looking at the bike, an evg with 36 volt 123`s, a 9c and a ca, sez his friend has one of these. He wants to know if it is faster with the different motor? Well uhmmm it goes about 22. Slightly too fast but he had nothing to say about that. Jammed a replacement fuse in the dead car and it made it back to the shop to find the intermittent short. I was back just ahead of the car so the average speed of the bike was about the same as a car in traffic. Not bad.

Rode my bike to work. Worked. Rode my bike home. Charged my bike. Pretty much all i do with my ebike. -10C this morning. Can notice battery sag for sure since I store my bike outside in a shed.

I put my new sprocket on the Nuvinci hub today. Not very exciting but half my bike is still in the mail as I anxiously wait.
2012011313301272.jpg

which bike?

for crazybike2, i rode it to work like i always do, and am charging it now. :)

(not doing much on the rest till my broken hand mends enough to hold things again. )

When I put the mid-drive on the trike it had an 8 speed Nexus IGH. I felt I was spinning too fast with a 48T on the crank so I changed it to 56T. With the NuVinci electric shift (developer kit), when I set the cadence between 60 and 70 RPM the motor didn't have enough torque to reach the next shift point without vigorous pedaling. With the cadence between 50 and 60 RPM the motor shifted up great, but the cadence was too slow.

So today I changed the crank back to 48T and with just a short test ride I think it's going to be just right.

The 9C 6X10 had an RPM exactly 3 1/2 times the cadence RPM with the 56T. With the 48T it is 3:1 since the 9C has a 16T cog.

Back