What is a normal level of battery protection an safety items?

leffex

1 kW
So I´ve recently opened up a few batteries from a battery manufacturer and they have not installed any fuse on the output. Also there is no fuse on the charge port apart from that it is connected with a BMS that has separate charge and discharge port. This bms is called daly with an aluminium sink. 36v and maybe 25a power rating.

Can anyone sheed some light on this as I would prefer a fuse on the in and output.

What have you seen from other builders in your area or land that have made your eyes pop out?

So in essence my questions are the following:

Does an ebike battery always have a fuse on the output cables?

Does some ebike batteries have internal bms fuses installed?

Does a one port bms win over a separate charge port at all times?

More nickel specific:
What nickel plated thickness or pure nickel welding material do you use for your shop?

Do you think fuse type nickel is better than just normal welding material? (as to upon the event that a cell for odd reason shorts it will cut its connection via the nickel band and as such perhaps save the pack from further or more severe damage - as a fuse. )

What is your preference when working with nickelband. Single line short nickel pieces OR pre-formed nickel material pieces that fits "the battery cell configuration" like a glove?

Last edited:
Back