What to do: Repair-Recell-replace battery, new kit or what?

99t4 said:
I still recommend trying left-handed bits (heads you call them?).

This did the trick!

Thanks so much for the tip, the left handed bits immediatly got a bite into the screw and managed to unscrew it!

So here's the controller.
IMG_20210307_141655.jpg

If I were to buy this:
IMG_20210307_141728.jpg
The only thing I would need to do is to cut the cables attached to the old connector, and solder them to the cables of the new one, right?

Pendragon said:
99t4 said:
I still recommend trying left-handed bits (heads you call them?).

This did the trick!

Thanks so much for the tip, the left handed bits immediatly got a bite into the screw and managed to unscrew it!
Good work! :thumb: Doesn't always help, but often enough to try it first.

Pendragon said:
If I were to buy this:
file.php

The only thing I would need to do is to cut the cables attached to the old connector, and solder them to the cables of the new one, right?
Your plan description is a little unclear. The photo shows a bottle battery with connector? Cut which connector? Solder which to which? What about the original controller? What's broken and what are you trying to fix?

Sorry I was a bit too vague wasn't I :D

So assuming that the battery is faulty, the plan is to replace it with another. But because the same exact battery coming with the same 5 pin connector would cost me about twice as much, I would like to buy a battery of the same V/size (the one in the picture), that unfortunately comes with a different connector.

I thought that to make it work, I would need to cut the 5 pin connector on the controller, and then solder the appropriate connector for the new battery to the red and black cables on the controller. Or am I missing something? (probably)

If the original battery has the BMS attached (they usually do) then you'd need to get a new battery with BMS attached, and solder the two Pos & Neg cables coming from the BMS as described.

Hmmmm just looking at the wires on the existing controller, I would guess the HEAVY red (positive) and black (negative) leads are for the power source (battery). The thicker yellow, green and blue leads are likely the phase wires for the motor. However those leads shown alongside the new battery look a bit on the thin side. I hope that is the charging connector and not the the main power lead (or that the picture is deceiving).

Pendragon said:
Or am I missing something? (probably)
Yes, still missing something. :lol: See if you can fill in the blanks:

We don't know what that (4-socket, 2-wire) connector is in the photo. Is it the end of the charger leads? If so, you don't want to cut that.

What are you going to do for a controller?

Does the new battery come with a different mount?

General rule for battery on e-bikes: Don't cheap out on the battery! :wink:

Back