Who has bought EM3EV's bicycle frames and how do you like it

keithmac said:
Is it UK supplied if bought from em3ev?

I brought one and I am in the UK. I can tell you its not UK supplied. On checkout if you choose DHL shipping you should have it within 5 to 7 days and DHL tracking is really good. I think mine arrived in the UK in 3 days :D . Remember you will pay more shipping via DHL it has good tracking information and will get it quick.
There is cheaper shipping option but I wanted mine sooner. :)

mybike said:
keithmac said:

I brought one and I am in the UK. I can tell you its not UK supplied. On checkout if you choose DHL shipping you should have it within 5 to 7 days and DHL tracking is really good. I think mine arrived in the UK in 3 days :D . Remember you will pay more shipping via DHL it has good tracking information and will get it quick.
Nice, but what about import costs?
How much were they, or how much was everything total with shipping?

loysius said:
Zerk said:
loysius said:
Hello everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while and am quite happy with my purchases :)

I've found em3ev to be very helpful. Paul patiently answered all my questions and concerns thus far. I'm trying to put together my EEB frame, DNM USD 8 fork, and Midi-e. A picture should be included. Sadly I just found out my DNM fork is defective so I'm checking with Paul for advice. I'll update and show off my build a bit as I work through it. Can't wait :)

Thanks,
Al

Looks very similar to the bike I'm putting together and now it seems I'll have to opt. for that new black fork over the old gold one. I'm assuming those stickers are removable or optional? What's the rest of your build looking like? Good luck.

I got the fork installed now on my bike, taking off the axle and putting it back on fixed the alignment and with some finagling I got the braces all aligned correctly. Sadly I can tell I will have to finagle every time I remove and add the front wheel since one of the shocks will have to be squashed to make the fit but I don't imagine it will affect performance much unless this is the effect of a larger issue like something inside the shock not being tightly assembled or something.

My biggest worry right now is the wheel build. I've been having a very very tough time deciding if I want 17" or 19" moped rims. Right now I have my Cromotor held up at some facility in NY I think. It's been there for over 5 days. Quite annoyed. I need to take it to our local motorcycle shop and see if they can thread it and my dual brake hub. I'll have to see if I can fit a 7sp freewheel onto it as well.

My second worry that isn't due for an answer yet is what battery I'm going to be using. I really wanted to go with a nice 72v 28ah+ battery. I wish there was a guide for Vectorebike's battery and how to install it to the Adaptto bms + installing the charging coil and filling out the adaptto menus. It should fit fine inside the EEB frame right? Short of that I'm thinking getting a battery with an integrated bms would be much simpler but I can't find any good answers. Was considering running two 72v 11ah batteries in parallel from lunacycle.

p.s. Yeah I'm so happy the new fork is black and white. I was planning on making my build black and red so it helps. Hopefully the red peripherals won't attract unwanted extra attention from the police haha. East coast usa btw so I should be fine.

https://postimg.org/image/todz6lobn/

I think I'm leaning towards a 19" on mine personally. I'm also still deciding on which battery to get, as well. I wanted at least 72v with over 40a. Looking at Vectors, I would think that it would fit in the EEB with a little room to spare, but that's really speculative. I'm wondering if there is user/seller somewhere here that builds custom packs. Think I'm going to order my frame today.

keithmac said:
Cheers, 7 days isn't too bad!.

I could have had it at my door in just 5days it arrived in UK in 3days passed customs paid Tax Duty and the tracking info never updated I then phoned DHL next day and they arranged delivery the very next day. The DHL guy was very polite and professional he don’t know why I did not get it sooner… :D .

Relanium said:
mybike said:
keithmac said:

Nice, but what about import costs?
How much were they, or how much was everything total with shipping?

OK this is frame and shipping Via DHL cost to UK. Higher cost via using DHL shipping but should be at your door within 7days tops in my experience. I have brought other items from em3ev and they all arrived within 7days using DHL shipping any way that’s my total cost for the frame below…

Enduro Ebike Frame
Frame: £000.00
DHL Shipping: £000.00
Payapl conversion: £00.00
Custom Duty: £00.00
Total: £444.63 GBP (I think this is including customs duty. The duty was not much :wink: )

Was it worth it????????????? oooohhhh Yesssss :D :D :D

Zerk said:
I think I'm leaning towards a 19" on mine personally. I'm also still deciding on which battery to get, as well. I wanted at least 72v with over 40a. Looking at Vectors, I would think that it would fit in the EEB with a little room to spare, but that's really speculative. I'm wondering if there is user/seller somewhere here that builds custom packs. Think I'm going to order my frame today.

Here is a great battery that I've been considering that fits into our frame. $950.00, It is 72v nominal, 26.1ah. 60a continuous and 120a peak. https://laebike.com/collections/72v-18650-lithium-ion-battery-packs/products/72v-26-1ah-1879wh-lithium-square-battery

Alternately EM3EV can custom make one to your liking. They can do up to 75.6v in case you wanted to go a little higher than 72v.

----------------------------

1.) Does anyone know who best to use for no hassle lacing/rim/spoke purchase? I would have to mail them a hub and motor to have both wheels done. Looking to purchase about 17"x1.6" rims, red option would be a bonus.

2.) Can the headset be removed off the EEB frame? I don't like how the bottom bearing is a smigen loose and leads to a bumping when push/pulling the handlebars. Perhaps my order didn't come with all the parts? I have a single ring that the headtube rests on. That is what's loose. Above the headtube I have a silver colored ring with a slit in it that slides down between the bearing and the fork tube which has a nice fit that doesn't wiggle. On top of that silver piece rests the nice cap followed by the top crown. It's a shame there is some minor wiggling on the bottom one. Please does anyone have an idea? A link to a good headset that I can buy and fit would be great. I'll just run to a bicycle shop and have them swapped.

loysius said:
2.) Can the headset be removed off the EEB frame? I don't like how the bottom bearing is a smigen loose and leads to a bumping when push/pulling the handlebars. Perhaps my order didn't come with all the parts? I have a single ring that the headtube rests on. That is what's loose. Above the headtube I have a silver colored ring with a slit in it that slides down between the bearing and the fork tube which has a nice fit that doesn't wiggle. On top of that silver piece rests the nice cap followed by the top crown. It's a shame there is some minor wiggling on the bottom one. Please does anyone have an idea? A link to a good headset that I can buy and fit would be great. I'll just run to a bicycle shop and have them swapped.

Yes… I did remove the bottom one off mine so the top one should also be removable just the same.
With the forks on are you saying your frame is moving back and forth when putting your front brakes on and or knocking? If so you have not got it on properly.
If you post up pictures will help to see whats going on.

See this link:-
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80545&p=1187481&hilit=mybike#p1187481

mybike said:
loysius said:

Yes… I did remove the bottom one off mine so the top one should also be removable just the same.
With the forks on are you saying your frame is moving back and forth when putting your front brakes on and or knocking? If so you have not got it on properly.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80545&p=1187481&hilit=mybike#p1187481

Here is a picture. https://postimg.org/image/5qn4g6aub/

As you can see there is a ring that is just under the headtube. The fit is a couple hairs width from being a perfect fit and can therefore noticeably shift when pushing/pulling on the handlebar. I originally installed the disc the other way around but there was serious sliding as it didn't fit properly at all so now I have the flat surface facing up. Perhaps that isn't the right orientation? But seriously I couldn't imagine how insanely tight I'd have had to try and make it to get a non-sliding fit the other way around. I wish there was a silver ring for the bottom side like there was for the top.

There is nothing between that bottom ring and the headtube. So just the single black ring is under the headtube holding things up.

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks,
Al

loysius said:
mybike said:
loysius said:

Here is a picture. https://postimg.org/image/5qn4g6aub/

As you can see there is a ring that is just under the headtube. The fit is a couple hairs width from being a perfect fit and can therefore noticeably shift when pushing/pulling on the handlebar. I originally installed the disc the other way around but there was serious sliding as it didn't fit properly at all so now I have the flat surface facing up. Perhaps that isn't the right orientation? But seriously I couldn't imagine how insanely tight I'd have had to try and make it to get a non-sliding fit the other way around. I wish there was a silver ring for the bottom side like there was for the top.

There is nothing between that bottom ring and the headtube. So just the single black ring is under the headtube holding things up.

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks,
Al

OK.. the way you have it now looking at the image its wrong!

The ring goes the other way round you have not got it on properly. See the thread link I gave. After tightening the bolt on the handle bar the fork will compress the frame tight (you most likely need spacers as this is where I my-self went wrong.. yes my first time :roll: ).

The ring will be tight and needs to be flush on the fork this is normal they are all like that, take it of the fork and put it in the freezer for 15 to 20min this should make it easier to put it on the fork all the way down to the crown the right way as you have it the wrong way looking at the picture you posted (you will need to force it down I used a rubber mallet to force mine down) if you check youtube videos people use metal tube to bang rings down on the fork to home. If you do it right there won’t be any knocking or frame movement, iv been there I thought it was the head set at first but I was myself putting it on wrong.

About the head set ring… there was a thread here these are new and fit almost any fork or all as it cam with 2 fork rings. The older type version people will complain there was fitting issues. I think manufacture or suppliers should do install instructions I just don’t know why the don’t...

My Word Of Good Advise To New Buyers Of Enduro Frame. :mrgreen:

If you just brought this frame don’t try putting the rear hub motor on with-out taking the torque plates off (with 2 Alan key screw type)and side pinch bolt as you will have a hard job getting your hub motor to fit in without stripping paint or worse filling your hub motor thread part A BIG NO! NO! :shock: .
Lastly don’t over tighten the pinch bolt just snug fit all bolts.

mybike said:
My Word Of Good Advise To New Buyers Of Enduro Frame. :mrgreen:

If you just brought this frame don’t try putting the rear hub motor on with-out taking the torque plates off (with 2 Alan key screw type)and side pinch bolt as you will have a hard job getting your hub motor to fit in without stripping paint or worse filling your hub motor thread part A BIG NO! NO! :shock: .
Lastly don’t over tighten the pinch bolt just snug fit all bolts.

Thank you, this was so very helpful. I flipped the ring back around and got it deeper by the frame down on the front fork for a bit. Trying to figure out how to lock the front shock now to make this easier lol.

You've saved me from going to a bicycle shop and having them replace the headset and probably saved me a lot of grief for when I fit my Cromotor after it finally shows up. Damn thing has been stuck in NY customs for like a week and a half. I was told to be patient since it may take up to 15 business days before it is released. >.>

Thanks again mybike!!

Sincerely,
Al

I am in my first "build from scratch" with this frame now. The frame with fork did not come with a complete headset - I seem to be missing the top cap with the allen bolt at least, maybe also some spacers.

Anyone knows what type of headset this frame requires? The steer tube is 1 1/8 " but the type of headset I'm uncertain of. I see there are different types available - A-head, integrated and semi-integrated. Anyone know or can recommend a good headset that will fit this frame?

Here is a picture of another finished bike with this frame, have indicated which part I miss.
ferdig sykkel.jpg
ramme.jpg

The spacers, top cap and bolts that you mentioned are not actually part of the headset (or the fork), they are a separate item and are never normally included with a fork (not as far as I am aware).

We have had a couple of people recently that are not aware of this and we will make an effort to source some of these items and include them when we supply a frame including fork, in the future. The spacers, top cap etc, are the sort of item that you should be able to pick up at a local bike shop. The steerer tube diameter is the important item, the headset type shouldn't affect the choice of spacers, top cap etc.

Also, if you are not familiar with the procedure to install a fork, I would suggest you do some research, look at some YouYube videos etc, before you try it. If you don't have the correct tools, or are not comfortable to do the installation, it may be more sensible to bring it into a bike shop and let them do the installation.

Thanks for spot-on info, Paul. The head-set part was the only part not total intuitive, even for a new-builder like myself, to figure out what I exact needed to buy. The rest of the build has been straight forward and exciting - have received great support from you guys at EM3EV all the way, countless emails and Q&A. Also the guidance on what exact solution I needed (battery, controller, hub motor, frewheel, wheels and rims...) and what to expect from this frame was really appreciated. I ended up with the largest battery pack (21s9p) this frame likely could fit with a 4065 Crystalyte Crown to get torque and accelleration, am not going for high speed - will only kill me. Things look good so far, need to receive and install brakes before the first test-run. Found the relative new SRAM Guide RE brakesthat are built for heavy bikes and riders with high stopping power, with good reviews so far.

CA v3 was already set up and configured from you guys, great. Will post pics when build is ready.

Have been MTB'ing for 15 years, also in some races, including fixing and maintaining my own bikes. But never bought parts and built something from scratch - there is a learning curve, but so much support here and on youtube that everything is possible these days. The tricky part with the headset for new-builders like me was that headsets available from numerous web stores typically also included similar parts that came with the frame, leading to the question "do I need a particular headset to fit with the rest"? It seems now only the top cap and spacers are required and that most 1 1/8" top cap will fit - have bought a medium-cheap one and will install in few days.

joe81 said:
how deep is the frame? can it hold anything longer than the 18650?

140mm wide battery compartment
lipos will fit, but not they are generally longer that 140 so you would have put them in lengthwise (or width wide depending on how you look at it)

Palm said:
Thanks for spot-on info, Paul. The head-set part was the only part not total intuitive, even for a new-builder like myself, to figure out what I exact needed to buy. The rest of the build has been straight forward and exciting - have received great support from you guys at EM3EV all the way, countless emails and Q&A. Also the guidance on what exact solution I needed (battery, controller, hub motor, frewheel, wheels and rims...) and what to expect from this frame was really appreciated. I ended up with the largest battery pack (21s9p) this frame likely could fit with a 4065 Crystalyte Crown to get torque and accelleration, am not going for high speed - will only kill me. Things look good so far, need to receive and install brakes before the first test-run. Found the relative new SRAM Guide RE brakesthat are built for heavy bikes and riders with high stopping power, with good reviews so far.

CA v3 was already set up and configured from you guys, great. Will post pics when build is ready.

Have been MTB'ing for 15 years, also in some races, including fixing and maintaining my own bikes. But never bought parts and built something from scratch - there is a learning curve, but so much support here and on youtube that everything is possible these days. The tricky part with the headset for new-builders like me was that headsets available from numerous web stores typically also included similar parts that came with the frame, leading to the question "do I need a particular headset to fit with the rest"? It seems now only the top cap and spacers are required and that most 1 1/8" top cap will fit - have bought a medium-cheap one and will install in few days.

You only need the top cap and spacers. The steerer tube on the usd8 fork is very typical, you don't need anything very special for it. As i was saying via email, we will get a few sets and include them going forward. In my defense, the amount of little parts you need, to build up any bike, can just go on and on...

If you do run into any problems, do please get in touch :)

The frame is a snug fit for a 2 layer thick, 18650 pack (across the frame). You can fit a really big pack in there if you really wanted to.

joe81 said:
what is the biggest 19" tire/rim that can fit the tight swing arm?

My friend has my bike right now, so I can't take a picture of the fitment. I have 24" bike rim (57mm inside diameter) on my frame, with a 24*3" tyre and it is not a super tight fit to the swing arm.

cheers. that sounds acceptable.
I would want to fit at least either a 18" with 3.00 or a 19" in 2.75, but the moped rims will be a little wider than the DH bicycle rims I guess

joe81 said:
cheers. that sounds acceptable.
I would want to fit at least either a 18" with 3.00 or a 19" in 2.75, but the moped rims will be a little wider than the DH bicycle rims I guess

The rims I'm talking about are 57mm inside width, which is somewhere between a fat bike rim and a wide DH rim. They are pretty chunky, there isn't an awful lot of clearance in the USD8, 20mm through axle fork.

J57S Details.jpg

Back