Woodgas/Biogas vs DIY Electric

Living in the desert southwest where wood is not very plentiful. I do my part by burning scrap wood for cutting my heating bill in winter. I have a very efficient stove, but gathering enough free wood just to heat it is a PITA. I just use my wood stove to heat from dead tree limbs and grapevines.

Winter is coming soon.
If someone had a Freehold property they are living in, meaning no silly condo/strata rules. To reduce heating cost in the winter, a woodgas contraption going to a generator, that then powers heaters in the house. Maybe even find an electric water heater instead of gas, reduce the utility bill even more!

Need a free source of wood, or a very cheap place to buy a cord of wood. There is some sort of wooden furniture thats been sitting for a very long time in an alley way, cut that up, some even dump their trees in the alleys. Be a good way to clean up the alleyways and eye sores in your neighborhood.

markz said:
Winter is coming soon.
If someone had a Freehold property they are living in, meaning no silly condo/strata rules. To reduce heating cost in the winter, a woodgas contraption going to a generator, that then powers heaters in the house. Maybe even find an electric water heater instead of gas, reduce the utility bill even more!

Need a free source of wood, or a very cheap place to buy a cord of wood. There is some sort of wooden furniture thats been sitting for a very long time in an alley way, cut that up, some even dump their trees in the alleys. Be a good way to clean up the alleyways and eye sores in your neighborhood.
Burn responsibly! Use a catalytic stove or epa certified one. They burn very clean and the catalytic ones have very few restrictions. https://woodheat.org/index.php

Back