Working on Custom Carbon Fiber Deck

Regarding height, I don't feel ground clearance need be an issue even with the 9mm drop. I think torque has it about right - I have a 26mm cavity in my deck as a topmount with microdrops (9-12mm drops) so my deck has a similar ride height to torques proposed build, and with 83mm wheels it sits at roughly the same height as a drop through on 70mm wheels. I only ever scratch the drop through on the 70's when I ride off a curb, so it's easy to avoid damage altogether.

Torque - what is the internal battery compartment size? Anything else come with a straight board order? Wheelbase? concave depth/shape? do you have materials sorted? hatch cover mounting method? Expected weight?

Original size was 21" x 6.5" x 28mm. I've extended it to 24" x 6.5" x 28mm for possibly the ability to use a 12S3P pack.

Deck and lid which will be bolted on. There will be holes for a handle but haven't fully designed the handle yet.

Not a huge concave or shape.

Wheelbase - I'll have to check.

Other questions I have to double check.

Yeah, finalizing the carbon fiber deck soon.

Also want to release a few aluminum decks which will happen much sooner in 30" and 37.5" with a modular enclosure setup. Which would be fairly cheaper.

30" Aluminum Deck
Fits a 2x3s lipo, 2x6s lipo, 6s2p 18650 battery pack.
30-inch-Aluminum-Electric-Skateboard-2.png

30-inch-Aluminum-Electric-Skateboard-1.png

30-inch-Aluminum-Electric-Skateboard-3.png

37.5" Aluminum Deck
Fits the options above plus a 10s3p 18650 battery pack.
37.5-Aluminum-Electric-Skateboard-1.png

37.5-Aluminum-Electric-Skateboard-2.png

These aluminum decks will look similar to this here..
2016_03_04_11_31_50_1024x1024_jpg_v_1457633951.jpg

IMG_3032_CCd_1024x1024_jpg_v_1416904107.jpg

Any chance of a longer version of that 30in deck? I was set on a never summer reaper or wefunk mach 1, but I like the idea of an aluminum deck.

@Paragon - Not at the moment, I think the CF Deck is similar to the never summer reaper and wefunk mach1. I actually have a wefunk mach1 :) so for now most likely not.

In the future of it there's a huge interest I may. Might just do a few different runs and see what people like.

What kind of size were you looking for?

torqueboards said:
@Paragon - Not at the moment, I think the CF Deck is similar to the never summer reaper and wefunk mach1. I actually have a wefunk mach1 :) so for now most likely not.

In the future of it there's a huge interest I may. Might just do a few different runs and see what people like.

What kind of size were you looking for?
Something around 38in so I could fit my 10s4p battery :mrgreen:

That - 30" Aluminum Deck looks sick !! Great job.
Can't wait for the carbon fiber one as well !!! Please post some final version renderings of that carbon fiber one. I am curious how that battery compartment is gonna look like.
I hope it's not gonna be too bulky.

When do you expect this deck to be available in your store ? Also please post some new images :) I am planning to make my own build this summer.

Back